Yet another mail call

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUDMAN-BILL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Usually 1 to 4 depending on the mission.

I like the genuine Chieu Hoi mag bags!

The bag was designed to hold one 20-round M16 magazine and to protect it from the elements. A built-in metal strip allows the bag to be sealed well. The bag was also designed to be thrown away after the magazine was removed, then to be picked up and read by an enemy combatant. The combatant could then use the bag as a "get home safely pass" when presented to Allied Forces. The bags were only one small part of the Chieu Hoi program, which eventually resulted in an estimated 100,000 desertions from the Viet Cong and NVA.

The full translation reads: Returning Chieu Hoi will help you to again see your parents and family in a peaceful and democratic South Vietnam.
Wow, that’s cool.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep coming back to these pictures!

Marlboro Reds
military Dramamine tabs
A latrine ticket
OD Green field dressing
snake bite kits
A MAC, Military Airlift Command tag Probably on a C141 or C5 Galaxy. Saigon being the destination
peanut butter, jam, cheese, chocolate nut roll, and the best one, pound cake.

I had a method to eat the pound cake that was foolproof and tasted like fresh baked.

After the meal was consumed, open the pound cake can but leave the cake inside. Since the cake was dry as a cracker, pour water inside the can half to three quarters from the top of the can. Retrieve the B2 unit box and insert the cake and can then close the can lid place the box and can into a fire with coals and close the box lid. Wait until the box is consumed then get the can and eat the cake. Delicious!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of memories in that pile! Marlboro was my smoke.
October 10, 1976 was the last day I've had one. Kind of like remembering the day Kennedy was assassinated or 911 happened.

Latest posts

Top Bottom