YETI 210 MEGA-stink

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to run a trap line and sometime a skunk would spray the trap pretty good. They only effective way i found that could remove the smell was to bury the trap in dirt for a couple of weeks or find a waterfall and let water pound on it for at least 24 hrs.
Just some ideas. The soil has acids in it that will take away bad smells. Maybe fill it with dirt. Or think of a good way to make a waterfall.
Sounds like the good life to me! As for the dirt idea, it would take about two wheel barrows full (two elk-sized $$$$ cooler). Might circle back to that if the bleach, ozone, vanilla, coffee, baking soda, and time tricks don't work. And, there's always Tannerite!

Choprzrul

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Horsehead

Marksman
Reaction score
I'm looking for tips to eliminate the stench of rotten meat from my YETI 210 cooler. A chub of Coues deer venison was accidently left in the basket of the cooler for about 6 months in the garage. My wife suspected a dead mouse. I generally can't smell squat (thanks to a prior SARS-CoV-2 infection (AKA CCP virus)), but when moving the YETI to clean the garage, I opened it. Inside was the chub in the basket and about a 1/4 inch of black fluid on the cooler bottom. It all visibly rinsed out just fine. So far, it has been douched and scrubbed with Simple-Green, baking soda, and citrus cleaner. Smells fine to me, but everybody else hates it. After a couple of weeks on the back porch with the lid open, I moved it back to the garage and keep an open tub of baking soda in it and the lid ajar. I'm thinking of getting an ozone generator and running it off and on until it passes DW's inspection. I might also try spraying bleach on the seal.

I'm hoping tincture of time will also help dispense the putrescine, cadaverine, and other stinky molecules.

Any tips would be appreciated.
Clorox and water and let set for a few days then repeat

Woodman 59

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking for tips to eliminate the stench of rotten meat from my YETI 210 cooler. A chub of Coues deer venison was accidently left in the basket of the cooler for about 6 months in the garage. My wife suspected a dead mouse. I generally can't smell squat (thanks to a prior SARS-CoV-2 infection (AKA CCP virus)), but when moving the YETI to clean the garage, I opened it. Inside was the chub in the basket and about a 1/4 inch of black fluid on the cooler bottom. It all visibly rinsed out just fine. So far, it has been douched and scrubbed with Simple-Green, baking soda, and citrus cleaner. Smells fine to me, but everybody else hates it. After a couple of weeks on the back porch with the lid open, I moved it back to the garage and keep an open tub of baking soda in it and the lid ajar. I'm thinking of getting an ozone generator and running it off and on until it passes DW's inspection. I might also try spraying bleach on the seal.

I'm hoping tincture of time will also help dispense the putrescine, cadaverine, and other stinky molecules.

Any tips would be appreciateFill it with bleach water, leave it for about an hour. then fill it with hot water and baking soda for about 3 hrs. Be sure to wipe down the inside of the lid and seal. good luck.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Any tips would be appreciated.
Vinegar and tomato juice has worked well for me in the past, baking soda I here is supposed to work well to, you might try the vinegar 1st then the baking soda as a finish wash.

Latest posts

Top Bottom