YETI 210 MEGA-stink

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks to all who replied! Use of bleach is the most common theme. I think I'll start with spraying the gasket, combined with a cup or two in the cooler filled with water to get to the gasket (where much of the funk probably is). Also think I'll get the ozone generator ordered - I have three teenagers; it could be used elsewhere :-)

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I was a betting man, I would guess your continuing smell is coming from under the gasket on the lid or from the drain plug.
You'd likely win the bet. I've already soaked the plugs in a bleach solution and scrubbed the gasket as best I could with baking soda. Filling it full with bleach water should help get the protein-dissolving bleach everywhere.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'd likely win the bet. I've already soaked the plugs in a bleach solution and scrubbed the gasket as best I could with baking soda. Filling it full with bleach water should help get the protein-dissolving bleach everywhere.
I bet you’ll have it smelling like daisies in short order. There’s really not that many places on a Yeti to “hold” odor.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s a thought, call Yeti. I do not have one of their coolers so maybe there are some here that can talk about gasket replacement. If that’s where the funk is coming from that may be something to consider.

Latest posts

Top Bottom