You’d Be Surprised At How Many People Don’t

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J-pitch

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought one at Harbor Freight but it only has a I believe a 25 foot draw or lift. That lift is important because if your well is 100 feet I don't think it'll pump water. That is if you are referring to the red hand pump above. eBay does have one but it's a triffle expensive
Vintage Galvanized Metal Well Water Bucket Cylinder Tube 53 IN. Primitive Rustic
I've done a search on the internet and can't find a new 4" X 4' tubular well bucket. Plenty of PVC plans though.
Trust me it will pull water from 100’ . Your arms will be very tired by the time the bucket comes out.

J-pitch

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well bucket. I drew many buckets of water with that bucket, I can remember on a.hot Oklahoma summer day I'd draw a bucket and lift it over my head and push the check valve and dump water over my body. It was the only source of water from age 7 or 8 until I was 17 years old or so. In the winter the rope would have ice and sleet on it and I'd go out to get some water and the rope would zing through my hands and the ice would flake off and I'd hear the "thunk" as the bucket hit the water and then I'd hear it fill up "blub" and I'd pull it up.
That's how we watered the garden also. Thanks for looking!
Problem is every bucket of water you draw the lower the water level for the next bucket.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Problem is every bucket of water you draw the lower the water level for the next bucket.
Yes but if the well is deep, there isn't a problem. Reason being, is that a home that uses water by the. bucket won't use as much as a home with city water. I haven't seen the water level drop to where I'd notice in drawing many buckets of water. I think I've drawn 10-15 buckets at a time.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes but if the well is deep, there isn't a problem. Reason being, is that a home that uses water by the. bucket won't use as much as a home with city water. I haven't seen the water level drop to where I'd notice in drawing many buckets of water. I think I've drawn 10-15 buckets at a time.

If your well is in the aquifer its not an issue period , if its fed by a spring it might be an issue depending on how long it takes the spring to to fill the well, but .... you sure are gonna be busy and have popeye arms if you are pulling that many buckets of water out of the well that you deplete it

Latest posts

Top Bottom