You’re prepared for the worst, but what about reality?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cook them well done

First time I cooked Possum for a friend and his dad the dad told me to cook it black.
He was scared to eat it.
I had already eaten a few of them so no worries.

I was just thinking about 30 minutes ago I bet someone said something about it and I was thinking I would "cook it black"

:)

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be sure to take the vaccine microchips (from each booster) out of 'em before you drag the bodies back to your cave for cooking, so the NSA and UN troops can't follow the signal to your hideout.

Those mini EMP machines will do the job just fine....

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be sure to take the vaccine microchips (from each booster) out of 'em before you drag the bodies back to your cave for cooking, so the NSA and UN troops can't follow the signal to your hideout.
Awh heck now I gotta cut the arms off and leave them there. Thanks for the heads up!:cool:

devildog88

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My step-father who was expecting Armageddon to break out when I was a kid thought the same stuff. He said we didn't have to store food, the Mormons were storing it for us. My grandma was Mormon, and I was thinking he'd catch a lot more than he could afford to hold onto trying to take her food.

Also, got news for you. The military doesn't need to carpet bomb to get insurgents, these days. Back when I was a young pup, they were developing "smart bombs" that made it way easier to hit one specific small area. And that was almost 50 years ago, before personal computers, and smart phones and such like miniaturized electronics. I got to watch some of the stuff I helped develop and test get used during Desert Storm, more than 30 years ago. The stuff they have now is much better. Plus, they don't have to fly half-way around the world to get to you here. Think about it a bit. You're also easier for Delta, and the Airborne units to get to, here, as well.

Bill
That is a false narrative for sure, or at the very least misleading. Name a country in the world where a band of insurgents has not caused considerable problems. Afghanistan, Vietnam, Bolivia, and a host of others come to mind. Rome was brought to it's knees multiple times by technologically inferior forces. Tech is great, but it can't do everything and it can't be everywhere all the time. Sometimes persistence and force of will wins out. All people in power think they are immune from the peasants until they aren't. I don't think tech changes that. I also don't think tech changes having spies in your midst or subversives within an organization. That can go both ways.

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of our members said that raising ducks for eggs is better/easier than nasty chickens. Some other members bought eggs from her and commented they were very good to eat so that is my contribution on that part.
I think she raises quail as well.
Another member has family that raises quail for eggs and maybe meat? I got some of their eggs. Loved them fried although they were tiny.

One of our members said that raising ducks for eggs is better/easier than nasty chickens. Some other members bought eggs from her and commented they were very good to eat so that is my contribution on that part.
I think she raises quail as well.
Another member has family that raises quail for eggs and maybe meat? I got some of their eggs. Loved them fried although they were tiny.
Quality dual purpose ducks will out perform just about any chicken breed for egg production, they lay a larger more nutritious egg & they won't peck your vegetables but will patrol your garden for insects like nothing else. Welsh Harlequin are my favorite if you want a dual purpose duck that is calm and will hatch it's own offspring when you're ready.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago, there was a store or building on 29th St that had #10 cans of food for a couple of dollars per can. It was past the old Public Market headed east and if memory serves me they had other stuff also. We went out there a few years ago and bought cherries in one of those #10 cans for our arthritis on the advise of some natural food nut./advisor. It didn't work. Just relaying this in case someone needs large cans of vegetables.

Okieprepper

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty...
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't imagine those who fancy themselves raiders, takers and do nothings will last long in any grid down, collapse, hyperinflation, foodless situation. You'll only be the first to be head shot or at least have your hair parted while trying to steal the fruits of others who did prepare. You'll get more with polite kind words, bartering and a helpful hand where it is needed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom