You Ever Have One of Those Weeks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last summer when we were on the road in the Rv, the guy that watches our house told me we had no water at the house and there was water running down the hillside. Told me there was a ruptured 1 1/2” line running up the hill from the well that’s 3/10 mile away from the house. Had him shut the well off. When we got home a couple weeks later, fired the well back up and followed the water uphill to the break.
Sunday call out of a track hoe operator and helper to dig up the line and put in a 6’ section of PEX wasn’t cheap.
Always a crisis to look forward to when getting home after a trip.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cheet happens and it doesn't always hit the septic tank.

Hope insurance covers it.

Found out when we lived south of Houston, they don't run water under slabs; it is in the attic.

We were in New Mexico, Christmas morning. Neighbor calls and says water is running out the windows.
(say lots of bad words)

We lived through it. You will make it.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dispute bill with water dept. They are aware of leak and you not in the house, they should reduce charges 50%.

Claim bill on insurance, it is part of the damages and why you pay the blood sucking insurance company.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, it is one of those weeks.
1 flat, another bad tire, broken passenger window, leaking water pump on another car, broken extractor on rifle,

on my son's truck, insurance cut off loaner vehicle and said repaired vehicle was ready. Get to repair shop and they haven't even started the repair. I'm in the middle of this cluster right now.
and they have the truck all torn apart.

EDIT; now they can't find a loaner vehicle for another 3 days and he can't get his truck back because the Repair shop tore it apart.

Last edited:

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
All of us face issues from time to time. All we can do is prepare for emergencies the best we can and trust God to help us deal with them when they happen. It’s a hassle for sure but in the big scheme of things I’d much rather have the inconvenience of a water leak than a lot of other things. Glad they caught it when they did.

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is exactly why I sold my lake house at Eufaula. The fact you can't find anyone there locally that is any good at repairs is another.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The insurance adjuster is coming out Tues. We'll see what he says. I was there today. It's a mess. A lot of water under the house...so much the plumber can't get under there. Took the skirting off in hopes it'll help get air circulation underneath. Luckily it's just a pipe (or pipes) and some insulation. Nothing inside the house as far as we can tell.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The insurance adjuster is coming out Tues. We'll see what he says. I was there today. It's a mess. A lot of water under the house...so much the plumber can't get under there. Took the skirting off in hopes it'll help get air circulation underneath. Luckily it's just a pipe (or pipes) and some insulation. Nothing inside the house as far as we can tell.
It was a dang good day to air it out.....that's for sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom