You feeling lucky?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the same old question. He had an SD round instead of a hunting load. I'd use a hotter load like an underwood 220 gr. Hard cast or a fmj. The round he's using is more in the .40 cal.range for faster target recovery, I'm not loading a 44 special in my 44 mag.

I was charged at the end of deer season by a yearning buck, it's unbelievable how fast they close. Very lucky at that range, that young buck closed 50 yards in maybe 4 or 5 seconds. I got big pulled my pepper spray and yelled while waiting for a front snap kick to the head. He pulled up 15 yards away to allow the young doe to escape. I tried to scare both away before going between them and they hardly looked. Being at redbud bay marina I thought someone must be feeding them stomping my feet didn't fase them... a young horny buck at the end of the rut must have really wanted to protect his new found love.

At that range that bear could have been on him in 2 seconds. A win to me isn't both of us dead. Discuss.

I have pictures and a short video somewhere of that encounter. It didn't scare me as I've been though worse in Alaska and have cheated death 2 or 3 times in my life..... everything in slow motion for me. I was ready to fin off an antlerless buck but had that been a grown ass deer that'd be problematic

Picture he karate kid I carry a walking stick/tripod now and a .357 now, lesson learned you can't imangine the speed unless you been through something like that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom