You get one lever action. Which one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well you stated you wanted something suitable for Elk and bears originally I only mentioned the 30 as that's kinda the starting point for a Lever and most common. Honobia WMA is a wonderful area. I used to know where a cabin was there we would stay in. Got some good bucks out of that area before it became the Honobia WMA. It used to belong to Weyerhauser back then. You should see a bushel or two of bushytails down there.
If you swing by Poteau on your way home I have a box of .308 you can have for your gun or maybe give me a box of something if you would rather. I no longer have one.Little out of the way 40miles or so from Talihina.
Looking forward to the bushy tail reports. I will be going in a few too.

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well you stated you wanted something suitable for Elk and bears originally I only mentioned the 30 as that's kinda the starting point for a Lever and most common. Honobia WMA is a wonderful area. I used to know where a cabin was there we would stay in. Got some good bucks out of that area before it became the Honobia WMA. It used to belong to Weyerhauser back then. You should see a bushel or two of bushytails down there.
If you swing by Poteau on your way home I have a box of .308 you can have for your gun or maybe give me a box of something if you would rather. I no longer have one.Little out of the way 40miles or so from Talihina.
Looking forward to the bushy tail reports. I will be going in a few too.
Any pointers on where to find these guys? I’ve covered about 4 miles, have tried walking, sitting, calling, etc and haven’t seen a thing. Been covering area along the creek/river and up high in the mature pines.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ones I have seen lately are around Pin oak timber. That grows down by rivers and bottoms. You will notice it as the dead lower limbs never rot off and slope downwards. You said you already tried that though. Might have to wait until this cloud cover burns off a little.

Last edited:

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
If you reload and cast your own bullets any of the mentioned rifle caliber lever guns can go from cat sneeze to big game (yes, .30-30 is on the light side for elk). Even the .45-70 can be tamed to plinking level loads. The pistol calibers can be extremely versatile depending on load and bullet selection.

Latest posts

Top Bottom