You guys ever heard of this Bullhoocky.......?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've ordered stuff that I paid for when it was ordered. And I've ordered stuff that they said pay for it when it gets in. I'd say it's a thing in that place, but not necessarily every place.

I'm not sure I followed your post... he told you to pay for it when it was ordered, you declined to pay for it, so he told you since it was already ordered there was a restocking fee? But you hadn't paid to order it? The whole restocking fee part sounds weird.
For clarification, My son was texting with the service writer person and I told my son to keep me up on what's going on with his truck's maintenance and repairs. My son got a text from dealer saying his PM services were complete and should he order the parts to fix the broken items. I spoke to my kid and said yes and for the dealer to let him know once parts are in so he can bring his truck back. Son texted dealer back saying to order parts and to let him know when he can drop his truck back off. From my 35 years of driving and using dealerships I've never thought twice about prepaying for parts. It's a 2017 Gen 4 Ram 1500. Gen 4 Rams are from 2012 to 2019. 1) how could they not have a side mirror adjustment mechanism or a door lock actuator in stock? 2) if not it is a pretty common item that spans 7 years of Ram trucks not including these same mirrors and door lock actuators are also on many of the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks as well. These weren't special parts or aftermarket items. It's a bullchit policy and not normal for an auto dealership to require so they should have explained this up front.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The texting has a benefit of having the communication in writing but a drawback of not having a real conversation. A phone call might have caught this debacle before it happened, but who knows.

I bought a new Duramax a few years ago. Signed a contract with an itemized list of costs and rebates and paid for it and left. A few weeks later the dealer sales manager called and said I didn’t qualify for a $2,500 rebate and asked how I would like to pay for that.

After going back and forth a little I told him I was returning the truck for a refund. The fine print of the contract stated if the price of the vehicle changes I had the option to return it, and that was what I was going to do.

After the dispute supposedly escalated through management and about 30 minutes before I had scheduled an appointment to drop the truck off, they called and told me they would eat the $2,500. I told them to provide me something in writing saying they would not continue to harass me over this or something else they came up with. Which they replied, no sir this issue is closed and there will be no other issues.

Shottyshooter90

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want to save a little money call Bob Howard PDC in OKC. Thats where all the stealerships get their parts. If they don't have it you will still have to pay before they'll order it, but they're usually quite a bit cheaper than the dealer. Usually if you ask them if they can do any better they'll even shave off a little more. We've bought from them for years, just have your VIN handy and tell them what you need.

Boaty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use Bob Moore Dodge in NW Okc. 20 years almost. Never had any problems with them other than length of time to get job done but understandable. Needed parts one time they didn’t have so they looked up online and found at different dealership. I went and bought there. They really decent to work with.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The texting has a benefit of having the communication in writing but a drawback of not having a real conversation. A phone call might have caught this debacle before it happened, but who knows.

I bought a new Duramax a few years ago. Signed a contract with an itemized list of costs and rebates and paid for it and left. A few weeks later the dealer sales manager called and said I didn’t qualify for a $2,500 rebate and asked how I would like to pay for that.

After going back and forth a little I told him I was returning the truck for a refund. The fine print of the contract stated if the price of the vehicle changes I had the option to return it, and that was what I was going to do.

After the dispute supposedly escalated through management and about 30 minutes before I had scheduled an appointment to drop the truck off, they called and told me they would eat the $2,500. I told them to provide me something in writing saying they would not continue to harass me over this or something else they came up with. Which they replied, no sir this issue is closed and there will be no other issues.
Similar experience at Smicklas Buick back in the day. It was a higher interest rate though, a week after I’d taken the car home. I called my credit union and the loan lady gave me a little butt chewing for not using her to begin with, told me to come in, wrote me a check to cover the cost of the car, and said, “they do this sh** all, the, time.”

I drove car & check to the dealership, had a little sit down with the salesman & sales manager. Showed them the check and then told them to stick their car straight up their ass. I ended up speaking to someone with the last name of Smicklas. I kept the car, gave them the check, and they wrote me a check for $500 for my trouble.

Rotten bastards.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have my son take his 2017 Ram 1500 to the dealership in Stillwater. The truck is still mine until he graduates then it's his. He needed a full oil/filter service done, front end alignment, tire rotation and he also needed the passenger side mirror replaced and the passenger door lock actuator replaced. The dealership is telling me the side mirror and door actuator are both on order. the door part is backordered with no date for delivery. The service writer or parts guy then tells me I have to pay for the ordered parts along with the services already provided. I tell him since when does a dealer require payment for parts that are not even in stock nor are they installed on the truck. He tells me "its policy". I told him his policy is phucked and not normal. Told him to forget the parts and we'll get repaired/installed elsewhere. He then tells me there will be a restocking fee for the ordered parts. I about flipped my lid. So much so the gal in the office next to me came over to my door to make sure I was OK. Told him again how $^&*@($ his policy was and that he could go ahead and charge me the restocking fee then I'll dispute the whole charge. He put the phone down and can hear him pick up another chatting with a guy to find out about the backordered part delivery date.

In all these years I've never been told to pay for a part that is on order prior to the work being performed and parts installed. Is this a thing now? You guys ever hear of this crap? Maybe I'm wrong and chewed some azz for no reason but this seems totally odd. Anyways, just a little rant for the day.
Notsure about the bs on restocking, but we've ran into vehicle purchase that require payment up front with ZERO idea when the vehicles will come in. These are buses in various sizes and the price has jumped 40%. The dealership is in no obligation to refund you money. (How about dat). I'm not a wiz kid but I've been around this for a very long time. This is the truth abou vehicles. All the plants have closed...all. Steel is not being made becaue the mills are closed as well so no Chassis. No computerchips or trained employes at the manufacturers. If everything suddenly reopened today (it can't becaus...well it can't) and everything was going full blast from materials, electronics, steel and so on, a new Bus/truck would not hit the ground for 3 years. I wouldn't want to be the owner of one of those because they will have tons of issues.
The world is a screw driver and we are all screws.

FBG$

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes all special order parts require to be paid up front before it is to be ordered. As for restocking fee that’s up to dealer but they do that so you WILL return for the repairs..

Latest posts

Top Bottom