You guys ever heard of this Bullhoocky.......?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have my son take his 2017 Ram 1500 to the dealership in Stillwater. The truck is still mine until he graduates then it's his. He needed a full oil/filter service done, front end alignment, tire rotation and he also needed the passenger side mirror replaced and the passenger door lock actuator replaced. The dealership is telling me the side mirror and door actuator are both on order. the door part is backordered with no date for delivery. The service writer or parts guy then tells me I have to pay for the ordered parts along with the services already provided. I tell him since when does a dealer require payment for parts that are not even in stock nor are they installed on the truck. He tells me "its policy". I told him his policy is phucked and not normal. Told him to forget the parts and we'll get repaired/installed elsewhere. He then tells me there will be a restocking fee for the ordered parts. I about flipped my lid. So much so the gal in the office next to me came over to my door to make sure I was OK. Told him again how $^&*@($ his policy was and that he could go ahead and charge me the restocking fee then I'll dispute the whole charge. He put the phone down and can hear him pick up another chatting with a guy to find out about the backordered part delivery date.

In all these years I've never been told to pay for a part that is on order prior to the work being performed and parts installed. Is this a thing now? You guys ever hear of this crap? Maybe I'm wrong and chewed some azz for no reason but this seems totally odd. Anyways, just a little rant for the day.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've ordered stuff that I paid for when it was ordered. And I've ordered stuff that they said pay for it when it gets in. I'd say it's a thing in that place, but not necessarily every place.

I'm not sure I followed your post... he told you to pay for it when it was ordered, you declined to pay for it, so he told you since it was already ordered there was a restocking fee? But you hadn't paid to order it? The whole restocking fee part sounds weird.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have ordered lots of parts through the Dodge dealership and they are about 50/50 on whether or not they require you to pay up front or pay when the part is received. None of them have been on indefinite back order though, they have always been a three to five day out kind of deal.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had to pay for things that i ordered but only because it was something off the wall that they normally dont stock or sell on a regular basis but never from a dealership usually from a parts or hardware store and how can they charge a restocking fee when you havent finished the transaction yet and paid for the item that they said you would have to pay for before they ordered it.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have my son take his 2017 Ram 1500 to the dealership in Stillwater. The truck is still mine until he graduates then it's his. He needed a full oil/filter service done, front end alignment, tire rotation and he also needed the passenger side mirror replaced and the passenger door lock actuator replaced. The dealership is telling me the side mirror and door actuator are both on order. the door part is backordered with no date for delivery. The service writer or parts guy then tells me I have to pay for the ordered parts along with the services already provided. I tell him since when does a dealer require payment for parts that are not even in stock nor are they installed on the truck. He tells me "its policy". I told him his policy is phucked and not normal. Told him to forget the parts and we'll get repaired/installed elsewhere. He then tells me there will be a restocking fee for the ordered parts. I about flipped my lid. So much so the gal in the office next to me came over to my door to make sure I was OK. Told him again how $^&*@($ his policy was and that he could go ahead and charge me the restocking fee then I'll dispute the whole charge. He put the phone down and can hear him pick up another chatting with a guy to find out about the backordered part delivery date.

In all these years I've never been told to pay for a part that is on order prior to the work being performed and parts installed. Is this a thing now? You guys ever hear of this crap? Maybe I'm wrong and chewed some azz for no reason but this seems totally odd. Anyways, just a little rant for the day.
It has become more common with all the issue out there, in 2020 we made a alot of people prepay for certain products (even if they had 30 day terms with us) You just mover on and order the parts yourself. I’d suggest driving a Toyota much less to fix on thsoe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom