You know what just yanks my chain!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People who think a gun is a talisman instead of a tool. I am a member of a Smith and Wesson page on Facebook. These guys freak out if their pistols get the slightest little ding, or drag line!! Good grief!! My standard response is “Shoot it and enjoy it! Scuff marks add character!”. Am I the only one who feels this way? I’m not saying abuse your firearm and be okay with it…. I’m just saying when you use and enjoy the thing it’s going to show some wear.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got an old Model 94 Winchester that has been passed down through the generations. Yah, it has some scratches and dings and it’s still worth quite a bit, but I’d never sell it anyway. So I occasionally take it out deer hunting because it is what I learned to hunt with. I look at the scratches, dings and handling marks and think back of how many in my family have handled that rifle. That gives me more pleasure than seeing a pretty rifle sitting in the safe.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got an old Model 94 Winchester that has been passed down through the generations. Yah, it has some scratches and dings and it’s still worth quite a bit, but I’d never sell it anyway. So I occasionally take it out deer hunting because it is what I learned to hunt with. I look at the scratches, dings and handling marks and think back of how many in my family have handled that rifle. That gives me more pleasure than seeing a pretty rifle sitting in the safe.
I'm with you undeg01......You can't beat a firearm with family history.....

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've finally sold/traded off all my 'prettys' from the safe. Sometimes, it seemed like they'd get a ding from trying to be careful. Now that I don't worry near as much, the dings have gotten fewer and further apart --- strange how that works!

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Several years ago I bought a S&W .38 Safety Hammerless model from a guy in the Northeast. My intention was to use it but as it was in new condition I promptly sold it to someone here in Tulsa. It was in perfect condition; no cylinder ring and appeared unfired. I called Roy Jinks, S&W's historian and based upon S/N it was a 1920s build.
Unless it's an unmolested collectable firearm shoot it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom