You know what just yanks my chain!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shoot my firearms, and try to take good care of them. I've also got one that lives on the fireplace mantel. It's my dads Winchester 1890. Still shoot it, but it is also on display.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of mine don’t look new. I don’t have a problem with it either.

eta: this reminds me of a guy I used to work with. He invited me over to see his workshop. We walked in and he had all his tools on display. Every last one of them looked shiny and new. Not a scratch on any them.
Now THIS really makes no sense. People sure have some weird thought processes.

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People who think a gun is a talisman instead of a tool. I am a member of a Smith and Wesson page on Facebook. These guys freak out if their pistols get the slightest little ding, or drag line!! Good grief!! My standard response is “Shoot it and enjoy it! Scuff marks add character!”. Am I the only one who feels this way? I’m not saying abuse your firearm and be okay with it…. I’m just saying when you use and enjoy the thing it’s going to show some wear.
i grew up with a guy who would never take his toys outdoors, he would spend hours cleaning them, when he was old enough he got a pickup truck, i heard he washed it up to 3 times daily, even made his prom date walk down a dirt road to his pickup truck, his dad was really pissed about his son and the prom date, never heard what happened but the threats were pretty bad

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
i grew up with a guy who would never take his toys outdoors, he would spend hours cleaning them, when he was old enough he got a pickup truck, i heard he washed it up to 3 times daily, even made his prom date walk down a dirt road to his pickup truck, his dad was really pissed about his son and the prom date, never heard what happened but the threats were pretty bad
Poor kid had OCD really bad.

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
was talking guns in jr. high, told the guys about a Winchester 94 lever action an old rancher from Colorado sold to my dad, the old rancher claimed he had wore out two of them shooting coyotes, I never thought nothing of the story or it's credibility until this rich kid was going all over school trying to buy a win 94, me and a few friends were telling everyone not to sell him a lever action, but he finally got one, seen it 3 years later lever was worn out but the rest of the gun showed no signs of wear or even being outdoors, pretty sure the rancher was just bsing, and me repeating that bs caused a nice Winchester to get ruined

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That dude should seek help!! Wow.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
was talking guns in jr. high, told the guys about a Winchester 94 lever action an old rancher from Colorado sold to my dad, the old rancher claimed he had wore out two of them shooting coyotes, I never thought nothing of the story or it's credibility until this rich kid was going all over school trying to buy a win 94, me and a few friends were telling everyone not to sell him a lever action, but he finally got one, seen it 3 years later lever was worn out but the rest of the gun showed no signs of wear or even being outdoors, pretty sure the rancher was just bsing, and me repeating that bs caused a nice Winchester to get ruined
I had a buddy in HS that would do “The John Wayne” cock with his 30-30. You know? Where you basically through the rifle towards the ground catching it by the lever to cock it?? I don’t think he ever shot the rifle, but the action was crap after he had owned it for a couple of years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom