You know what just yanks my chain!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Use it and let your kids, or who inherits it, worry about the use you put on it while enjoying it. Honey Badger knows how I feel about this lol. Use it just don't abuse it!

Ripcord

Death from Above
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
People who think a gun is a talisman instead of a tool. I am a member of a Smith and Wesson page on Facebook. These guys freak out if their pistols get the slightest little ding, or drag line!! Good grief!! My standard response is “Shoot it and enjoy it! Scuff marks add character!”. Am I the only one who feels this way? I’m not saying abuse your firearm and be okay with it…. I’m just saying when you use and enjoy the thing it’s going to show some wear.
These millennials!😁🙄 they are a tool but not for tools! Wear that **** in who cares what it looks like.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I'm weird, iI buy things and don't want to use them because iI want them to stay new. Socks, T-Shirts etc. I have new guns i haven't even shot with tags still in place.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I'm weird, iI buy things and don't want to use them because iI want them to stay new. Socks, T-Shirts etc. I have new guns i haven't even shot with tags still in place.
I used a brand new 870 to hold down the fence wires for a friend to cross over while I was holding his Browning. He then did the same for me with the Browning while he was holding my 870.

Are you cringing yet?

Hawkstar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some people are just like this about everything. Won’t put stuff in their truck bed because it might get scratched. Even like that with their tools. Guess they are good to buy things off of, or when they get divorced may be worth checking out their ex wife….
You can have my ex wife. Finally found someone Into pain and suffering.......yes

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People who think a gun is a talisman instead of a tool. I am a member of a Smith and Wesson page on Facebook. These guys freak out if their pistols get the slightest little ding, or drag line!! Good grief!! My standard response is “Shoot it and enjoy it! Scuff marks add character!”. Am I the only one who feels this way? I’m not saying abuse your firearm and be okay with it…. I’m just saying when you use and enjoy the thing it’s going to show some wear.
I read a column years ago by a big game guide (forget his name) that has always stuck with me for many years and he said " I've had clients of all types that brought two, three of four guns to a hunt that were worth thousands of dollars in fancy custom work but the man that brought just ONE old beat up bolt or lever gun was the guy I trusted the most to get the job done." I won't confirm it but it might have been said by Elmer Keith.

Latest posts

Top Bottom