You know what just yanks my chain!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm with you undeg01......You can't beat a firearm with family history.....
Agree entirely. I've got an old Stevens Favorite here, that was my dad's first rifle he bought for himself, when he was 13. Beat to heck, and not a trace of blue on it. Dad arc welded the broken lever, and blobbed braze on the missing screw head to make it work again. I recently replaced that screw, since the braze had stretched over the years, and it wouldn't hold the breech closed. Shoots just fine again! It's the first rifle I fired, and the one time when I was happy to insist on primogeniture. ;)

The screws I replaced from Dad's repair are in a ziploc back to save them for posterity, too. They're as much part of the story as the rifle itself. When I get around to fitting the new extractor, the old broken one will join them.

Bill

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel the same way about vehicles... Call me utilitarian, call me a heretic, whatever floats your boat (or scratches your car). :o
I've had five salesmen stop by my house and try to get me to let them fix the "obvious hail damage" on my car. It's the dirt disturbed by the slush balls we got hit with while other folks were getting real hail damage. Every time they insisted that they could fix it for no cost, and they'd cover the deductable, I'd point them at my 98 Chevy truck and say "It runs just fine like it is." Truck is a little rough, and one of these days, I'll get it fixed. AFTER the engine and transmission get overhauled. The car is fine.

Peter1861

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had five salesmen stop by my house and try to get me to let them fix the "obvious hail damage" on my car. It's the dirt disturbed by the slush balls we got hit with while other folks were getting real hail damage. Every time they insisted that they could fix it for no cost, and they'd cover the deductable, I'd point them at my 98 Chevy truck and say "It runs just fine like it is." Truck is a little rough, and one of these days, I'll get it fixed. AFTER the engine and transmission get overhauled. The car is fine.
Those seem like some awful suspicious “salesmen” if they claim they won’t charge anything at all...

Latest posts

Top Bottom