You may want to contact your reps for HB622

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know we dont have any public lands in OK but the federal government is wanting to have local law enforcement potentially county enforcement take over public lands. I think this could be bad as sheriffs offices and even local LEO if it went that way arent equipped to handle something like this. These are our lands and I am sure some of us on here take trips and use these lands for hunting. Id like to know what everyone thinks. I just found out about this bill, earlier they were trying to sell off lands in HB621 but luckily that was shot down. This one may be a little more supported by people on here and would like to know everyones opinion before I contact my reps.

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know we dont have any public lands in OK but the federal government is wanting to have local law enforcement potentially county enforcement take over public lands. I think this could be bad as sheriffs offices and even local LEO if it went that way arent equipped to handle something like this. These are our lands and I am sure some of us on here take trips and use these lands for hunting. Id like to know what everyone thinks. I just found out about this bill, earlier they were trying to sell off lands in HB621 but luckily that was shot down. This one may be a little more supported by people on here and would like to know everyones opinion before I contact my reps.
I'm for it gives control back to the folks on the ground instead of some numbskull in DC who has never set foot on the place. I have seen case where folks who drove on roads maintained by the county fo 50 years had them closed in one day by the feds and it lead to confrontation by the local leos and county officials with feds

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm for it gives control back to the folks on the ground instead of some numbskull in DC who has never set foot on the place. I have seen case where folks who drove on roads maintained by the county fo 50 years had them closed in one day by the feds and it lead to confrontation by the local leos and county officials with feds
My fear is that the local leos wont provide the same level of management that feds will.

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My fear is that the local leos wont provide the same level of management that feds will.
I think you have not fully read the bill. These are lands in Utah and Colorado desert that locals have been patrolling and maintaining for almost 100 years. This bill will stop the feds from coming into these areas and banning travel and such as they have been doing in the previous administration. I also fully support the provision to allow sales of these lands to private land holders. No reason the government should hold vast tracts of land that can be productive in private hands. Just more big brother intrusion

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you have not fully read the bill. These are lands in Utah and Colorado desert that locals have been patrolling and maintaining for almost 100 years. This bill will stop the feds from coming into these areas and banning travel and such as they have been doing in the previous administration. I also fully support the provision to allow sales of these lands to private land holders. No reason the government should hold vast tracts of land that can be productive in private hands. Just more big brother intrusion
Well that is why I am asking. Still though can states LEOs afford it? If it is truly that then That doesnt sound all bad. 621 was definitely more worrisome. .

Latest posts

Top Bottom