you want cheap 223? here you go

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think it will even go lower now that everyone has tons of stock. I am going to hold on for a bit... Supply and demand! :)

Besides I reload. Lol

WillR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm with Tran. I think the prices will go down more. A bunch of people bought thousands of rounds which, for most, is a lifetime supply. They aren't going to buy any more.
It's interesting Freedom has this. Last October 2012 their 223 55 gr reman was $0.30/rnd. They raised their prices during the panic to double that. I guess not a lot of people were or are willing to pay that. Their excuse for the price hike was "increased component cost". Which was of corse a load of crap. I guess they can do whatever they want with their prices since its a free market and all, but I wouldn't buy ammo from them if it was a dime a round.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One can find right now Federal AE and PMC Bronze at prices from .36 to .40 per round which is getting close to Tula/Wolf steel case prices. It's out there, you just gotta dig for it. No way I'd buy reman at this price, at least not right now. Buying once fired brass and all components in bulk, one can reload for about .25 per round so realistically speaking, anything at .40 or under for name brand factory isn't that bad of a deal.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
One can find right now Federal AE and PMC Bronze at prices from .36 to .40 per round which is getting close to Tula/Wolf steel case prices. It's out there, you just gotta dig for it. No way I'd buy reman at this price, at least not right now. Buying once fired brass and all components in bulk, one can reload for about .25 per round so realistically speaking, anything at .40 or under for name brand factory isn't that bad of a deal.

Natchez has 6000rds 55gr SP for like 465 and some change... I need a few thousand and thinking about placing an order

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Natchez has 6000rds 55gr SP for like 465 and some change... I need a few thousand and thinking about placing an order

Yea and I saw Hornady 55 FMJBT going for .09 in that qty. I haven't seen that price in probably a couple of years.

Natchez selling Federal XM193 5.56 55-grain FMJ for $374/1000. Not bad, really, these days.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. .50 per round is gouging. Just be patient and shop, you can get back close to pre-scare pricing. Don't know that we'll ever see it drop all the way back, but it's getting better and my hope is that there are turds out there that are sitting on a $h!t ton of ammo that they bought at stoooooooooopid prices that they can't do a thing with but sell at a loss or shoot it.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yea and I saw Hornady 55 FMJBT going for .09 in that qty. I haven't seen that price in probably a couple of years.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. .50 per round is gouging. Just be patient and shop, you can get back close to pre-scare pricing. Don't know that we'll ever see it drop all the way back, but it's getting better and my hope is that there are turds out there that are sitting on a $h!t ton of ammo that they bought at stoooooooooopid prices that they can't do a thing with but sell at a loss or shoot it.

I know it and I love it! Thats what thet get for being stupid.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Gosh guys, sorry. I thought it was good deal. I've had excellent results with their reloads. they are both accurate and dependable. I reload too and can do it cheaper than you can buy it, but this price seemed pretty good, and you didn't have to "dig" for it. Apparently at least 19 others agreed, cause they are sold out now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom