Your dream car / truck / vehicle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
In no particular order:

Factory Five Racing roadster build with a Chevy LS7 and 6 speed manual.

BMW e39 M5 in either Anthracite or LeMans Blue with the extended Caramel leather interior. I’m kinda close to this. My car right now is an e39 540i with the 6MT with a similar color combo. It needs some work to be nice again.

‘67 or ‘68 Mustang fastback mild restomod.

‘73-‘78 K10 stepside

Various Ford pickups over various years. I like most body styles from ‘68 on. I want one with regular cab, short wheel base, straight 6 and a three on the tree. I like the ‘87-‘91 body style, which seems to be somewhat unpopular, but I want an F150 short wide 4x4 with the straight six five speed. Maybe because dad had one for a farm truck when I was in high school and college.

Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler. Oh yeah!

‘68-‘72 Corvette with LS V8 and T56 and modern suspension and brakes. The C3 has been on my dream car list forever.

‘48-‘51 Chevy 5-window pickup. I’d like drivetrain mods, but not lowered or rodded.

LOKNLOD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I won a billion dollar lottery this afternoon, I'd very quickly have a perfect mustard yellow or olive FJ40 Landcruiser. Then I'd track down a 70-series double cab pickup, too.

And if Suzuki would sell new Jimnys here, I'd sign up to buy the first one off the boat.

There's a wide variety of old muscle cars I love... I think a 442 would be my first pick there.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I won a billion dollar lottery this afternoon, I'd very quickly have a perfect mustard yellow or olive FJ40 Landcruiser. Then I'd track down a 70-series double cab pickup, too.

And if Suzuki would sell new Jimnys here, I'd sign up to buy the first one off the boat.

There's a wide variety of old muscle cars I love... I think a 442 would be my first pick there.
Back to original or a restomod on the 442?

60's and 70's styling was great but the car underneath was 60's and 70's technology. I remember having to pump the gas pedal or flooring it just to get the damn things to start. There was always the possibility of flooding the carburetor. Carburetor linkages wore out sometimes causing vacuum leaks. Not to mention the EGR valve and pollution control valve. There was usually a heat muff attached to the air filter to get heated air to the engine for cold weather starts. There was a vacuum canister to assist the vacuum system and a smog pump. Through technology all of these have been eliminated.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^^^^^^ Agreed. Although I miss my '96 Impala SS and '88 Chevy RamJet, is sure is nice to hit the remote start on the V and come out to a car warmed/cooled off up including the seats...

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_3563.JPG

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back to original or a restomod on the 442?

60's and 70's styling was great but the car underneath was 60's and 70's technology. I remember having to pump the gas pedal or flooring it just to get the damn things to start. There was always the possibility of flooding the carburetor. Carburetor linkages wore out sometimes causing vacuum leaks. Not to mention the EGR valve and pollution control valve. There was usually a heat muff attached to the air filter to get heated air to the engine for cold weather starts. There was a vacuum canister to assist the vacuum system and a smog pump. Through technology all of these have been eliminated.

I think any 60's or 70's muscle car for me would be a restomod, as you indicate, there have been so many advancements in engine controls, braking, and suspension that the looks of the old car, with the function of current technology is a win. Just my opinion, and I have driven the old cars, nothing nostalgic drive wise for me, just the looks.

I'll add a couple of neat vehicles I would own.

Jeep FC
jeep-fc-150-concept-2.jpg
75264883_2764817863597706_8467291289761611776_n.jpg

Ford Econoline truck
1965_ford_econoline_1546648089c282ef485e2ae2d8cdIMG_3418-940x627.jpg
unnamed.jpg

Last edited:

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think any 60's or 70's muscle car for me would be a restomod, as you indicate, there have been so many advancements in engine controls, braking, and suspension that the looks of the old car, with the function of current technology is a win. Just my opinion, and I have driven the old cars, nothing nostalgic drive wise for me, just the looks.

I'll add a couple of neat vehicles I would own.

Jeep FC
View attachment 162829 View attachment 162830
Ford Econoline truck
View attachment 162831 View attachment 162832
There is a guy in Seminole that is selling one of those little ford trucks right now. Man I would love to buy it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom