1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Your Favorite Leather CC Gun Belt

Discussion in 'Self Defense and Handgun Carry' started by Mr.357Sig, Feb 11, 2019.

1. hunter966

hunter966 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I’ve been using a DM Bullard double thick 1 1/2” for years and I bought it used.

I’m a pleasantly plump kid and carry a 5” 1911 just about every day and I’ve got no complaints.

Mr.357Sig likes this.
  2. nick.410

nick.410 Sharpshooter

My buddy swears by his Duluth Trading belt, I haven't bought anything from them yet.

3. Mad Professor

Mad Professor Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I was at their OKC store Saturday buying some jeans. I looked at their belts while I was there. While there were some pretty nice belts, I would not classify them as a gun belt.

Mr.357Sig likes this.
  4. Tanis143

Tanis143 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Funny that I see this post today. Since I was graced by the powers that be to FINALLY be able to carry I've just been using my old work belt (very thin due to stretched out) and I can see the need for a good gun belt. I went with a double nylon reinforced belt instead of leather for now. Might look into a leather belt in the future. Like I said though, just kinda funny I saw this thread pop up after ordering my belt yesterday lol.

Mr.357Sig likes this.
  5. nick.410

nick.410 Sharpshooter

Not technically labeled as a gun belt, but can definitely serve that purpose according to him. He likes it better than his Looper.

Mr.357Sig likes this.
  6. Mad Professor

Mad Professor Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I saiid I would not classify them as a gun belt because I didn’t feel they had the rigidity and support a gun belt needs. Has nothing to do with labels. He may be impressed compared to a Looper, but I wasn’t impressed with my looper after a few months. Maybe methods of construction and materials have changed at Looper since I bought mine.

Look at the stiffness of these belts, next to a simple leather dress belt. I picked up two or three off the Duluth rack and new, they were not as stiff as these used ones.

Both of these have about 1 year of respective use. I have another that is a bit thicker that has 2+ years of use.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mr.357Sig and Shadowrider like this.
  7. AKguy1985

AKguy1985 Sharpshooter

Do not get a 5.11 tactical leather belt. I wore one daily for six months and the rivets that held the buckle onto the belt broke and it basically fell apart. I went back to my old duty man brand belt I got at OPS years ago.

8. indi

indi Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I have 2 comp tac belts both are great, and work well.

9. OKNewshawk

OKNewshawk Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I've worn a Kore Essentials EDC for two years now. It has a micro track adjustable (they used to call it Trakline, I think, but I can't find the term on their website now) that allows a wide amount of adjustment of the belt in 1/4" increments. I haven't carried a gun with it but I carry a radio that weighs as much as my new G2c on my belt every day at work. The belt can be cut down to fit and is suitable for up to 44" waist for the leather belt (54" for a nylon web tactical belt.) You can see them here: https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/gun-belts

10. Oldman62

Oldman62 Marksman

Rating
    100%
    Kore Essentials for my EDC is what I use also. Have had no problems with it for a year now. I really like the adjustability of the belt.

OKNewshawk likes this.