Your first vehicle ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
65 Ford Mustang just like this one. Fugly yellow.

65 Mustang.jpg

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
53 Chevy 2 door, straight 6 three speed on the column. Dark green top, light green bottom. Paid $150 for it, had to put tires on shortly after I got it. Yep, transportation, but hell, I was 15. Got by till I got my license at 16 without getting stopped, but my dad started me driving when I was about 10.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1971 Chevy nova 4 door.

It was a straight 6. You could get it to 95 MPH, going downhill, with a strong tail wind.
No AC, no radio, vinyl seats (real fun in the summer). Thermostat would stick every year. Pull the thermostat in the spring when it stuck, put a new one in when winter hit so it had heat.

Plus side was it would run no matter what.... Water in the carb, still runs. Thermostat issues, pull it and keep going. Rear-end a Honda hard enough to crumple the rear bumper into the rear tires, drove the Nova home with only a slight crinkle in the hood and passenger fender. Spark plug wire broke, keep driving. Alternator goes out, jump start it and drive it 10 miles home.

This isn't it, but this is what it looked like, only mine had steel rims.

www.2040_cars.com__content_cars_images_95_669595_002.jpg

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1966 Mustang paid 75 bucks for it. running and driving all good glass no rust. Wrecked in the side.
I was 15 years old I did all the body and paint and interior on it I used crushed velvet material for interior from TG&Y that was going out of business.
Yea I could sew back then. and I painted it royal blue and white.. 2 blue strips down the top of the car and door inserts were blue.

It looked awesome and I had 300 bucks in it when i was finished 6 months later.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1976 Jeep CJ-5. Orange with rattle can black interior, brown Levi Strauss seats, and blue top. It was a study in color. But it had a 304 V8, three on the floor, and side pipes. Sounded great and could spin the rear tires in all gears. Surprised quite a few people at the stop light ;)

Last edited:

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
68 Nova SS. Lasted 3091.5 miles. Had a head-on south of Lawton, some guy heading north decided to pass on a hill. We met. Bought an Opel Kadett Rallye with the insurance money. Stupidest thing I've ever done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom