Your first vehicle ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKJ20

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1978 Trans-am i bought it off a lesbian for $300

. STN-2104-6.jpg

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A '61 Chevy Impala convertible.

3-on-the-tree, with a '59 235ci 6-banger that my brother had overhauled. He was originally going to fix it up for his wife, then got a great deal on another car (in better shape) for her.

He tried to sell it for $100 and nobody bought it, so he gave it to me. It was red, with a grubby more/less white tree-sap-ridden top, a white hood, and primer around the tail-lights.

I was 15 (1972?), and thought it was beautiful.
:drunk2:

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
'74 Chevy Vega Hatchback with a 3 speed manual and no A/C. Was silver with black SS stripes. Paid $500 in 1979.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1955 Ford Customline 4 door with a 292 CI "Y" block engine and a one barrel stromburg carburetor.
Parents bought it for my 16th birthday from a very senior lady that lost her DL for the princely sum of $300. Seats had been covered in clear plastic from the day she got it, so that was the first to go. Drove it from my senior year in HS through the first year of college. Sold it before getting into the Army.
Looked just like this one, same color and all.
[Broken External Image]

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
'74 Chevy Vega Hatchback with a 3 speed manual and no A/C. Was silver with black SS stripes. Paid $500 in 1979.
Friend of mine had one. In 1978 He drove me to Ft Worth from Alva to a job interview. His had a Pioneer Supertuner cassette deck AM/FM. We were rockin it all the way there and back. It was small but immaculate.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1947 Plymouth Special Deluxe with suicide doors.

It was similar to this but dark green and not quite as slick.
db52ba22f480ca5120ca79d4b38e7ced.jpg

Man don’t you wish you had that car now? Beauty.

My first car was gifted to me by me old dad. A ‘53 Chevy station wagon. It had been a house painter’s car. I think Dad might have paid $150 for it. It had this setup on the roof held in place by suction cups and some kind of hooks, as I recall, that the painter used to strap his ladders on the old beater with. It smelled like hot tar and paint and chemicals and sounded like a bucket of loose bolts. It was mostly a light blue but different parts were either primer gray or rattle can black. I got in a bunch of fist fights at school because guys would make fun of me and my old jalopy. But being a station wagon, with the seats down in back and a couple of old blankets, it served me well for awhile in high school as the “Love Mobile” until I was able to save enough money to buy a better car. But it was so ugly, pretty much anything would have been an upgrade.

Car #2 was a Brown (turd color)Dodge something-can’t remember- but it had those great bigass fins flanking the trunk. I mean like great big bat wings they were. This one girl I’d see sometimes would sneak her mom’s cigarettes out to smoke, and she managed to catch the back seat on fire. I whipped into the Crosswinds Apartments there on about NW 58 and May in OKC, yanked the bottom foam part of the smoldering back seat out and threw it in the pool. Slowly, over time, I killed that old giant cruise-boat of a car and left it dead, no bottom to the back seat still, in the parking lot of Shotgun Sams Pizza Parlor at NW 36 and May. This was around 1968-ish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom