Your hair smells delicious- Joe Biden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe things were different back then? As for driving, I've got 59 years of being a licensed driver, including two years with a motor scooter license, and I can possibly say that for most of those years there has been a state statute on insurance for vehicles. Is one forced to buy insurance? Perhaps not, but get stopped by the police without it and one is subject to a fine for (get this) "violating the law."
Didn't they also pass a law a few years ago that if you are pulled over without insurance they can confiscate your vehicle?

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2fd95997873cf437b3ce1222511d6de18615b12c4121fbeb3ed8e747c78a82d4.jpg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't they also pass a law a few years ago that if you are pulled over without insurance they can confiscate your vehicle?

If they did, it would be something that doesn't show up on one's criminal record, thus I probably wouldn't have known of it.

But then, I've not worked for the state for almost 5 years now. Who knows what the legislature has done since then.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Terry things are very different now. I don't like a lot of it. I owned the Queen Ann cafeteria in OKC. That's me.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will make this very plain, i began driving in 1975 and wasn't forced to have Auto or Health Insurance. Is your
mind worst than mine?

If you drove in 75 you were required to have insurance. I was required to have it driving before that date.
Health insurance was optional. Not all employers offered it like now.
During World War II, the federal government was wary of post-war inflation. The administration saw the terrible devastation hyperinflation wreaked on post-World War I Germany and they were determined to hold it at bay through wage and price controls which they instituted during the war. In reaction to the wage controls, many labor groups planned to go on strike en masse. In order to avert the strike, in a concession to the labor groups, the War Labor Board exempted employer-paid health benefits from wage controls and income tax.

This historical accident created a tax advantage that drove enormous demand for employer-provided health insurance plans over the previously more common individual health insurance. Employers received a 100% tax deduction while the benefits employees received were exempt from federal, state, and city taxation.
https://www.peoplekeep.com/blog/par...r-provided-health-insurance-post-world-war-ii

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you drove in 75 you were required to have insurance. I was required to have it driving before that date.
Health insurance was optional. Not all employers offered it like now.
During World War II, the federal government was wary of post-war inflation. The administration saw the terrible devastation hyperinflation wreaked on post-World War I Germany and they were determined to hold it at bay through wage and price controls which they instituted during the war. In reaction to the wage controls, many labor groups planned to go on strike en masse. In order to avert the strike, in a concession to the labor groups, the War Labor Board exempted employer-paid health benefits from wage controls and income tax.

This historical accident created a tax advantage that drove enormous demand for employer-provided health insurance plans over the previously more common individual health insurance. Employers received a 100% tax deduction while the benefits employees received were exempt from federal, state, and city taxation.
https://www.peoplekeep.com/blog/par...r-provided-health-insurance-post-world-war-ii
Okay Dennis.

Latest posts

Top Bottom