your new home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, is it Boxable, Boxbell, or Boxabl? Looks like that site’s editor(s) can’t figure out which one to use.

I guess that at least lets us know that it wasn’t written by ChatGPT…

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve wanted a tiny house for awhile now. Wish I knew more about them. We as Americans have such huge houses. It’s just me and the wife and after selling my house the closest thing I can find to a tiny home is an apartment, which I like better than a house. No yard to maintain, no big house to clean, I can call maintenance if there are any problems. I’d love to see a tiny home subdivision (with a tornado shelter for each home). I might just have to look for financial backing and start one myself.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve wanted a tiny house for awhile now. Wish I knew more about them. We as Americans have such huge houses. It’s just me and the wife and after selling my house the closest thing I can find to a tiny home is an apartment, which I like better than a house. No yard to maintain, no big house to clean, I can call maintenance if there are any problems. I’d love to see a tiny home subdivision (with a tornado shelter for each home). I might just have to look for financial backing and start one myself.
I saw a tiny home trailer in the RV park the other day. Cant recommend it tho. You'd have to sandbag the perimeter and dig in your fighting positions. (Ghetto RV park)

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought it would be cool at some point in my life to have several mini houses when we become millionaires. One at the beach, one in TN Smokies, one in MT Rockies, one in desert. Maybe one in Alaska, Arkansas and/or Oklahoma. Each on a few to several acres of land. Ok, maybe only 3-4 houses, but just go enjoy the sun, stars, wilderness, hunting, fishing, hiking, etc. Travel around every few weeks to months to another one. Get tired of one, go to the next one. Over the heat? Go to the mountains. Tired of snow? Go to the beach. Too much humidity? Go to the desert.

Just a thought. I’ll have to work on this. Don’t really think we want to rv full time. And want a place we can call “ours”.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought it would be cool at some point in my life to have several mini houses when we become millionaires. One at the beach, one in TN Smokies, one in MT Rockies, one in desert. Maybe one in Alaska, Arkansas and/or Oklahoma. Each on a few to several acres of land. Ok, maybe only 3-4 houses, but just go enjoy the sun, stars, wilderness, hunting, fishing, hiking, etc. Travel around every few weeks to months to another one. Get tired of one, go to the next one. Over the heat? Go to the mountains. Tired of snow? Go to the beach. Too much humidity? Go to the desert.

Just a thought. I’ll have to work on this. Don’t really think we want to rv full time. And want a place we can call “ours”.

We have lived in our RV home now for about 12 years, and I will take it over a tiny home any day. We have more space and amenities, including separate washer and dryer. However, our RV is a cut above the normal run of the mill RV's.

As for having a place to call ours, in my many years, I've seen too many homes get abandoned and fall into ruin because after the owners passed, their family members didn't want the place. We got to considering the overall cost of home ownership and have decided that we will never own another home.

Latest posts

Top Bottom