Your opinion on holsters that muzzle people?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is everyone’s opinion on methods of carry/holster positioning that has your muzzle pointing at people? Like some shoulder holsters, small of back horizontal, etc

I’ve got a leather small of back horizontal holster for Glock 19 that I find very comfortable. I like it when out working around the property or working with animals, doing lots of bending over/bumping up against stuff, etc. It just keeps it out of the way so well.

That being said, I don’t like to wear it when my kids are out helping me because it’s often pointing right at my 6yr olds head! I do trust Glock, I trust it will not go off without the trigger being pulled. But it still feels wrong to me! The old “never muzzle anything you aren’t willing to destroy” gun safety rule is strong.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry a 1911 IWB at about 2:45 tilted back, pretty much straight down at sitting. Works for me. I happened to be in Tulsa outside a restaurant where I met my Daughter for lunch. Was outside standing on a sidewalk grate where some people were down under where the steam lines are run. Flash thought, my 1911 is pointed close to a couple of them. Yep, they are safe, to me a Colt 45 is as safe as you can get condition one, but it was an odd flash realization. Some things are better left unsaid and more importantly not fiddled with at times.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry a 1911 IWB at about 2:45 tilted back, pretty much straight down at sitting. Works for me. I happened to be in Tulsa outside a restaurant where I met my Daughter for lunch. Was outside standing on a sidewalk grate where some people were down under where the steam lines are run. Flash thought, my 1911 is pointed close to a couple of them. Yep, they are safe, to me a Colt 45 is as safe as you can get condition one, but it was an odd flash realization. Some things are better left unsaid and more importantly not fiddled with at times.
I have thought about this occasionally. I pocket carry at times, when i sit the pistol is pointed at whoever is sitting across from me. I just remind myself that if I do not touch the pistol and put my finger near the trigger, all is good,

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry in a cross draw, at times. Cowboy shoots are very wary of cross draws and muzzle. But, a conventional hip holster, when sitting, can be pointing at anyone across from you.

Be aware. As long as weapon is holstered and you are not touching it, the "problem" is severely diminished. Drawing is where the problem arises.
Pay attention and keep booger hook off of bang switch.

Personally, at a gunshow and a person not clearing a weapon before handling is a much more egregious offense than a holstered weapon sweeping me. Though neither is preferred.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe that it is impossible to carry a firearm in any type of holster and not be assured that you won't be pointing its muzzle at someone at some point. It then becomes a question of is the holster safe enough (retention, covering the trigger) and is the gun safe enough (no unintended discharges due to design flaws.)

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been thinking about how to convert a collapsible stroller into a gun cart.

Wif found me a cheap candidate to tear apart and redesign.

Yesterday, I set a couple of guns in it, to get first ideas. I take a bit apart and refit a few parts.

I put the guns back in and go to roll the stroller. Wif says, "I think that will work."

Me: "Nope, not comfortable."

Wif: "What's the problem?"

Me: "That 12ga SxS pointing at my chin."

Wif: "It's not loaded, I seen you check it."

Me: "Yes, it is, but looking down those barrels still makes me uncomfortable. (I checked them, again) A little design change and it should be good to go."

OneMoreEvan

This is bowling, there are rules. MARK IT ZERO
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry a Glock 17 gen 4 in a Galco Miami Classic under my jacket sometimes when I'm on my motorcycle or if I have to wear a suit for work. In all my years of being around firearms, not a single one has randomly decided to shoot someone else. Buy a quality firearm and holster (Not a nylon uncle mike's), and you'll be just fine.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Holsters don't muzzle people, people muzzle people. :D

Attachments

• 1673459415198.png
    1673459415198.png
    721.6 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Top Bottom