Your opinion on holsters that muzzle people?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wore the Miami Classic with a 4 1/2” 1911 holstered, cocked and locked, for a few years back in the late 1990’s. Thought it was very comfortable, concealed well in cold weather. Never fired by itself, never had a ND when drawing/reholstering. Was warned by pistol class trainer/instructors to never wear it or a cross draw holster when attending one of their classes. Ok. Complied. My only safety/concern/reaction to being muzzled by others,(usually at gun shows), was to immediately move my head/body, out of line. Many times the careless gun handler noticed my move, and apologized. If you notice you’re looking at a muzzle, move.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I guess the general consensus is that it shouldn’t matter as long as we’re talking about a quality holster and quality pistol. Sounds good to me. (Side eye the sig P320 haha)!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe that it is impossible to carry a firearm in any type of holster and not be assured that you won't be pointing its muzzle at someone at some point. It then becomes a question of

#1 is the holster safe enough (retention, covering the trigger) and

#2 is the gun safe enough (no unintended discharges due to design flaws.)
#3 are YOU safe enough with your gun handling experience holstering and unholstering.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
#3 are YOU safe enough with your gun handling experience holstering and unholstering.
My brother in law (who does happen to be a cop) was attempting to holster his concealed carry pistol on a Sunday morning before church and shot himself in the thigh. He still swears his finger was no where close to the trigger, but I keep telling him that pistols don’t go bang unless someone pulls the trigger. :anyone:

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have a holster that points at anyone.... you're a goober.... end of story.
Hang Over Wake Up - 0sUXVnW01KKEdRTThv.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom