Your thoughts on my thought..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see a bit of moderately priced equipment along with a LOT of hard work for small returns. Not my type of thing that I’m looking to invest in, but if you got a dream and a passion, then go for it.

I think it’s hard to beat mass producers on price, for sure. But if you had another angle like “organic”, antibiotics free, 20% more meat per bird, etc. then you may be on to something. I doubt it, unless your location and advertising is great, but I could be proven wrong.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about this angle......

The magazine Mother Earth News has articles at times about people conducting workshops to facilitate new learning. Many 'townsfolk' do these as a vacation. You could do a hands-on 'workshop' on how to process chickens as a cottage industry. The people that sign up for the workshop would do most of the work while you 'supervise' and instruct them. This would also eliminate the need for moving the equipment. If I remember correctly, you're on an acreage. You could also let them camp on your land. Could end the experience with a group dinner to sample the results of their learning.

You could 'sell' this as a "Getting back to basics experience". You would make money for the workshop and camping, have help in processing the chickens, and make some great contacts. Plus, you'd end up with more processed chickens.

Good luck with whatever direction you decide!!

Last edited:

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about this angle......

The magazine Mother Earth News has articles at times about people conducting workshops to facilitate new learning. Many 'townsfolk' do these as a vacation. You could do a hands-on 'workshop' on how to process chickens as a cottage industry. The people that sign up for the workshop would do most of the work while you 'supervise' and instruct them. This would also eliminate the need for moving the equipment. If I remember correctly, you're on an acreage. You could also let them camp on your land. Could end the experience with a group dinner to sample the results of their learning.

You could 'sell' this as a "Getting back to basics experience". You would make money for the workshop and camping, have help in processing the chickens, and make some great contacts. Plus, you'd end up with more processed chickens.

Good luck with whatever direction you decide!!

That would be too much people contact for me but awesome thinking.. Majority points to it being a brainfart and not a and not a good thought.. The replies were ALL good and got many a chuckle Thanks ya'll..

Latest posts

Top Bottom