Your valued opinion please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Ruger SR45 that I like. I don't know about the other Ruger 45's though. I have thought about a Ruger stainless
1911 Commander though.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Kimber Stainless Target II used in competition has been the greatest .45 for me.
I've accepted a challenge to fire 1K rounds through it without cleaning against any other 1911 with another forum member and was ignored.
So be it.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first pistol was a P-90 DC stainless. It ate everything, but damn it was a boat anchor. Bought a Glock 21C and thought I was in heaven at the time. Night and day difference.

I don't see how much else could be worse than that heavy thing. I've heard nothing but good coming from their 1911's

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first pistol was a P-90 DC stainless. It ate everything, but damn it was a boat anchor. Bought a Glock 21C and thought I was in heaven at the time. Night and day difference.

I don't see how much else could be worse than that heavy thing. I've heard nothing but good coming from their 1911's
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. That's physics.
Any body can say their lighter pistol has less recoil, but physics say no.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. That's physics.
Any body can say their lighter pistol has less recoil, but physics say no.

Well that's where the C came in!

Also with the heavy high bore axis slide the Ruger shot like chit compared to the glock. Glock was just light years better

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
P90 was a boat anchor but functioned well. The P345 was a nice shooting gun, the SR 45 shot really well for me too. Never owned a Ruger1911 but they are really well put together for the money and everyone seems to love them.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Kimber Stainless Target II used in competition has been the greatest .45 for me.
I've accepted a challenge to fire 1K rounds through it without cleaning against any other 1911 with another forum member and was ignored.
So be it.
Make it 2k and Tam will play: http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2017/04/it-is-finished.html

And soon enough it was done. There were no malfunctions of any type to report, and I'd even saved that box of 124gr HST jacketed hollow points for last, to see if they'd function in maximum filth and dryness. Of course they did.

This gun has run like a sewing machine for 950 rounds of Winchester 124gr NATO Q4318 FMJ, 950 rounds of Speer Lawman 147gr FMJ, and 100 rounds of Federal 124gr HST ammunition with no cleaning or lubrication. The only malfunction was an underpowered near-squib round of Q4318 that left the empty case in the chamber. That one doesn't count against the gun, since it would have done the same in any other pistol. Nice QC, there, Winchester.
You can find the whole series of range reports at http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/search/label/19ByGod11 . She does this for a bunch of guns, BTW, all of which she buys off the shelf. And she's fun to read!

Latest posts

Top Bottom