Your valued opinion please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My FIL has one of the P series. Had it for years. It's fugly. Has slick grips and a chitty trigger. But it shoots every time that chitty trigger is pulled if there's ammo in it and puts the bullet where the sights are when it goes bang. Good truck gun.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish that I was more help, but I can't recall an actual "Bad" Ruger .45 that I've had..and I had quite a few. Some were more cumbersome and less refined than others..but none were really bad.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Make it 2k and Tam will play: http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2017/04/it-is-finished.html

And soon enough it was done. There were no malfunctions of any type to report, and I'd even saved that box of 124gr HST jacketed hollow points for last, to see if they'd function in maximum filth and dryness. Of course they did.

This gun has run like a sewing machine for 950 rounds of Winchester 124gr NATO Q4318 FMJ, 950 rounds of Speer Lawman 147gr FMJ, and 100 rounds of Federal 124gr HST ammunition with no cleaning or lubrication. The only malfunction was an underpowered near-squib round of Q4318 that left the empty case in the chamber. That one doesn't count against the gun, since it would have done the same in any other pistol. Nice QC, there, Winchester.
You can find the whole series of range reports at http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/search/label/19ByGod11 . She does this for a bunch of guns, BTW, all of which she buys off the shelf. And she's fun to read!

That's a mouse gun in 9mm. We were talking .45ACP. :fullauto:

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've owned three of Ruger's .45ACP pistol's, the P90, P97, and the P345. The only bad thing I have to say about them is they are not pretty! Other than that, they work, and work, and work!! All were more than accurate enough, and would probably survive an atomic bomb blast! I still have the P345, and she's well past shooting over 5K!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom