Youth hunt results

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As SE Okla Regional Director of the Okla Youth Hunting Program, our 6 youth hunters harvested 5 deer and a 250 lb boar. The boar took a 90 gr. BT in 6mm down the ear canal at 40 yds.. I was tickled to see this since the pig was on my farm and I did not know he was there. Another GOOD pig..... a dead one.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This weekend was my 7 year old son's first hunt. We sat a combined 27 hours without seeing a single seer from the blind. I was proud of him, That is a long time to sit. We played and made up about 20 games, drew a little and ate 3/4 ton of jerky. I think it was a good first experience and lesson on waiting. I sure wish we would have gotten a shot though.

We hunted near Ringwood and stayed the nights close to where the Ok Youth Hunting Program was. They looked like they had a great crew and took 3 the first night.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
This weekend was my 7 year old son's first hunt. We sat a combined 27 hours without seeing a single seer from the blind. I was proud of him, That is a long time to sit. We played and made up about 20 games, drew a little and ate 3/4 ton of jerky. I think it was a good first experience and lesson on waiting. I sure wish we would have gotten a shot though.

We hunted near Ringwood and stayed the nights close to where the Ok Youth Hunting Program was. They looked like they had a great crew and took 3 the first night.

That's a lot of hours and a lot of jerky! This a new place for you to hunt this year?

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
14370257_10157487866940076_6613347544515717761_n.jpg
I'd rather have a Mclemore knife over a Mcroskey any day, Mcroskeys are way to bulky for me and do not hold an edge like Scotts knives do.. This knife is a wharncliffe point that he makes.. It's the easiest knife to sharpen with a stone. I used it on my bull, it cut through the cape on the back of the neck like butter..

Latest posts

Top Bottom