Youth trap shoot pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sting75ray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a sister and her husband and their son and his wife and family still in Keyes. The NW Texas County part of the family (the wife's family) are about all gone. Her dad's twin sister is in a nursing home in Elkhart.

My brother-in-law and nephew are still involved in hunting when possible. Both are farming and running some cattle.

Talking about the lack of trees, I still remember that when I was a kid there were still a lot of trees along the river north of Guymon and north of where Highway 3 turns west toward Boise City. And yes, the lack of trees definitely give it away. Folks here in the Oklahoma City area have no clue as to how far one can see up there.

Personally, I miss having a panorama of stars on a dark night with nothing blocking the view.

If you ever get out this way give me a shout and we will get together. Bring along a shotgun and shoot some trap or a rifle and shoot here at the range.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks we really have a good time working with the kids. The first year we gave away a shotgun for first place and some other prizes for 2nd and 3rd. This past year we gave away 4 guns and several other prizes for the kids

I work with a couple of folks that participate in the 4F shooting sports. I've shot with some of their siblings. I love the program. FYI, I'm a little older, but work with some really smart technicians in the power plant field. Each one of them had participated in the 4H shooting program.

Maybe coincidence, but I suspect not.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you ever get out this way give me a shout and we will get together. Bring along a shotgun and shoot some trap or a rifle and shoot here at the range.

Thanks for the invitation. Unfortunately, it isn't likely to happen anytime soon. We are still working full-time and when we finally get to go somewhere, it is awfully hard to stop short of the Colorado mountains. I will keep it in mind though. I've never shot either skeet or trap, and until this last year, I've never owned a shotgun larger than a .410, and that was used for snakes and skunks.

Oh, and congratulations on doing something to honor your dad as well as encourage a bunch of young folks to get involved with shooting. It is a wonderful thing to see.

jhunt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
sent you a pm i shot competitively all through high school and would be willing to come out and help as an instructor/facilitator/worker-bee on one or two of these if i can make it out there

sting75ray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sent you a pm i shot competitively all through high school and would be willing to come out and help as an instructor/facilitator/worker-bee on one or two of these if i can make it out there

Thanks. I will keep you posted on when we start up this spring. We have one shoot a month for the kids and usually have them on the second Sunday of the month at 2:00 PM

Latest posts

Top Bottom