Z.e.r.t.???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few years ago a couple of guys attempted to start a local zombie squad chapter, we met once a month and it was mainly a forum for a couple of army buddys to get together and talk and alienate others that were not up to their prepping level. I was a newb back then and felt out of place I tried to catch up but got discouraged after a while and left. Well the other day I bumped into someone else that attended for a while and they advised me that it eventually fizzed out because of loss of interest. They gave me a recruiting card for Z.E.R.T. or zertnation and says its different. ive looked into it somewhat but you have to join and pay $40 dues before you can even see their forums and I don't know if I want to invest in something that I wont get anything in return. anyone have experience with these folks, or any other local prepper coop?

PigEater

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Zert is more of a preference. It was started by veterans, and they actually offer training courses in a rotation. You get issued a serial number basically, and you are assigned to your state chapter. Their definition of zombie Doesn't mean undead walker though, just any threat to this country, so it's less prepping and more tactically minded. Anyway, that is all I know, I haven't pulled the trigger and joined yet, so I'm not 100% experienced on the matter.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember some guy coming around here many years ago trying to start something similar. He wanted money up front and had a very vague biz plan. Didn't last long.

Big red flag for me is Z.E.R.T.'s cadre of "Tier 1 Special Forces" instructors. The cadre bio list uses fake names like "Mr Grey" and they black out the faces.

If you want my money for training based on being a Tier 1 Operator, I will vett you. If you won't be vetted, then you are hiding something or relying on gimmicks.

10,000 members so pretty significant. They've found the niche of "entertainment training" just like Tactical Response, but it isn't for me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom