Zero turn mower advice..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking to buy a zero turn, about a $3-3.5k model, looked at the huskavarna, Gravely and was thinking about looking at the bad boy mowers.. You zero tracking owners have any brands that you'll brag about ?

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've had Hustler Commercial 60 inch mowers for several years and have been pleased with them. I think most of the popular brands in their commercial models perform well and will last as long as you keep blades sharp, air filter blown out and serviced. Kawasaki and Honda motors are a good choice. Seems like residential models aren't built near as heavy duty and don't hold up IMHO.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son had a Hustler but didn't feel heavy duty. Next a Bad Boy right now. He really likes it. I like Gravely. Have a friend that bought a used Gravely and it's heavy duty.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FERRIS Great machine . mow side slops . It will slide before it turns over.Wife says i drive it like a go cart. Know your slope.Your experience differ.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Avoid Huskavarna at all costs, cheap junk. The first sign of quality mower is not having a briggs engine and having a welded steel deck not stamped. Now is the time to shop as the season is over and there are deals to be had. Bad Boy will probably offer the most bang for buck in your price range. Bigger question is how much are you mowing per week? If you value your time buy a big enough deck to get it done in less than an hour. Buying a small machine that takes 2 hours to mow each time puts extra time on machine and wastes your time you can be doing other things.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Avoid Huskavarna at all costs, cheap junk. The first sign of quality mower is not having a briggs engine and having a welded steel deck not stamped. Now is the time to shop as the season is over and there are deals to be had. Bad Boy will probably offer the most bang for buck in your price range. Bigger question is how much are you mowing per week? If you value your time buy a big enough deck to get it done in less than an hour. Buying a small machine that takes 2 hours to mow each time puts extra time on machine and wastes your time you can be doing other things.

52-54"deck, wife does 1/2 or better of the yard mowing which is an acre or so.. Off season is the way to go which is why I'm looking now..

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son had a Hustler but didn't feel heavy duty. Next a Bad Boy right now. He really likes it. I like Gravely. Have a friend that bought a used Gravely and it's heavy duty.

I liked the Gravely and its an old name in mowers but online reviews make me hesitant has a 23 hp Kawasaki and I think a 52" deck..

Latest posts

Top Bottom