Zero turn mower advice..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marksman
Reaction score
If you like Ferris, take a look at simplicity. We have had one for two years now and they are essentially an Ferris painted orange. They are supposedly made in the same factory and just branded differently. The suspension is nice and our mowing time was cut in half.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are mowing anything over an acre, look hard at a commercial mower.

With commercial, one gets dual hydro pumps - one pump for each wheel -, plus usually a fabricated (not stamped) deck. Also, usually a heavier duty rated engine.

If you have the money, with your budget I don't see it, get suspension.

ETA: I have a 15 year old Snapper Pro. Commercial duty. Back then I had $5k to spend. It wasn't enough to buy suspension. That's my only regret.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Toro Time Saver, 23 HP KAWASAKI, 50" deck.
Has worked great for me. My yard is 2 acres and I can knock it out in just a little over an hour, I have several trees to mow around.
I LOVE IT.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 2 friends with Bad Boys and one mows commercially with his 72" deck.
He has had a few of the Home depot junkers..The Bad Boy went a whole season without any issues.
Replace blades is all.
They both love their mowers.

I have a Not zero turn Simplicity.
It was JUNK when I got it. Thin deck all rusted out and it was only used for a 30x80 foot yard for 3 years.
I had to rebuild the deck with a mower deck from an old Murry rider from 1980 that was not rusted out.

Simplicity powder coated the deck or some sort of very thick orange coating that would lift from the steel deck and allow moisture to get between it and the steel.
Instant rust out.
The under side of the simplicity deck had triangle dams welded in to create a bit more velocity to make the grass exit the under side of the deck.
BUT they did not cap it off all around and grass and dirt would pack into the crevices and you guessed it Rusted out there also.
Look under their decks and decide for yourself. Look under all decks and see if there is an area that would trap dirt etc.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom