Zero turn mower advice..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I liked the Gravely and its an old name in mowers but online reviews make me hesitant has a 23 hp Kawasaki and I think a 52" deck..

Don't know anything about Kawasaki, prolly can't get a good Gravely in your budget anyway. Like I said his Gravely was used. Get a Bad Boy, my sons is 54" I think.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a Ferris IS700z and I'm not impressed with the suspension.
The front isn't really even suspension, it's just a pivoting beam with springs near the spindles, but the weight of the front is not suspended. Just try jumping on it and see. I've got some pretty rough spots and even slowing to a a crawl, my feet still bounce off the floor sometimes.

I would have had to spend about another grand to get the real independent front suspension, just couldn't do it.
It's still much better than the tractor style I had, just a little disappointing.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only zero turn I’ve ever had is a Toro Timecutter that I bought in 2007. It’s on its third set of blades and I replaced the deck belt last week.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a yazoo kees and it does well. What? You've never heard of it? Lol
The bad boy has a 7ga fabricated deck and that is a plus compared to others. Are you a vet by chance? Tractor supply sometimes gives a 15% DISCOSNOUT to vets. :) Sorry, for some strange reason i like the progressive ins commercial that says discosnout then one says i think that is supposed to say discount.

Last edited:

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the money your looking at I would have a look at this bad boy at Atwoods or Tractor supply.

Then look at adding a seat suspension like this and with tax your still on budget. Guys are mentioning some nice machines but they are out of your price range. I have a 10+ year old Gravley Commercial mower and its a very solid machine with no complaints.
That's the mower that started my search, but then thought I'd do some consumer research of sorts lol.. So far it's this or the gravely..

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a yahzoo kees and it does well. What? You've never heard of it? Lol
The bad boy has a 7ga fabricated deck and that is a plus compared to others. Are you a vet by chance? Tractor supply sometimes gives a 15% DISCOSNOUT to vets. :)

Yes and I'm smiling at 15%, Thank you, will have to check TSC.. The Gravely has a 7ga deck too..

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know anything about Kawasaki, prolly can't get a good Gravely in your budget anyway. Like I said his Gravely was used. Get a Bad Boy, my sons is 54" I think.

I can get this outfit for $69 a month for 48 months 0 interest, which is them matching the badboy offering at the dealers.. So far it's the bad boy or this and if TSC comes thru I might could do better..
https://www.gravely.com/en-us/power-equipment/zero-turn/zt-x

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a Ferris IS700z and I'm not impressed with the suspension.
The front isn't really even suspension, it's just a pivoting beam with springs near the spindles, but the weight of the front is not suspended. Just try jumping on it and see. I've got some pretty rough spots and even slowing to a a crawl, my feet still bounce off the floor sometimes.

I would have had to spend about another grand to get the real independent front suspension, just couldn't do it.
It's still much better than the tractor style I had, just a little disappointing.

We're working with the garden tractor type currently and it's toooo much turning around and time loss..

Latest posts

Top Bottom