Zero turn mower advice..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody ever weld hardened abrasion resistant filler rod across a mower blade? Seems like it would be somewhat self sharpening.
Never heard of that if you want some tough blades spend the coin on Gator G5 or G6 with Fusion(TM) - an ultra-hard tungsten carbide layer

I live in pure river bottom sand and it eats blades. I switched to some of those after the first season they didn't even need sharpened. Very impressed with them.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 175055

A very basic unit, less plastic than many, the deck is 11 gauge not the 7 I thought.. The 23 hp Kawasaki runs good and tall grass doesn't phase it and the deck leaves a good cut.. The biggest complaint is the seat, very rudimentary seat adjustment and I'll have to take a cutting wheel to it to keep from jamming the seat safety if I'm going to be able to move it forward for the 5'3" wife..
What width did you go with?

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never heard of that if you want some tough blades spend the coin on Gator G5 or G6 with Fusion(TM) - an ultra-hard tungsten carbide layer

I live in pure river bottom sand and it eats blades. I switched to some of those after the first season they didn't even need sharpened. Very impressed with them.

They make sand blades that have four cutting edges.... flip them over and go again. I’m going to try a set next year to see how they work out. I’m just looking to cut down on noise and dust mainly.

https://www.mfgsupply.com/mower/mowerblades/mowerbladesu/mowerbladesuflat.html

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if the model you got from tsc is a box store only version(like how Lowe’s has stuff made just for them) of a normal gravely they sell at gravely dealerships?

I picked this up from the dealer at Mcarther and 177 just a 1/4 mile east of the badboy dealer in Shawnee, I haven't seen gravely at a big box store..

Latest posts

Top Bottom