Zero Turns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just looking for feedback, man these things have gotten pricey. We are moving and I've got quite a bit more "yard" and a ton of trees. So I need a bagging solution too. Need the deck and whatever attachment to fit through a 46" opening. I've been to a few equipment dealers and there's lots of names out there I've never heard of.

I bought a cub cadet 42 inch ztr, a couple years ago for $2399 plus tax, that same mower is now $3599 plus tax. Its nuts.

I would recommend a 42 inch deck for what you want tho with the 46 inch gate.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a Exmark 46 ZT from 2006 to 2020. Koehler engine with the upgraded air filtration system. It was one of their commercial grade mowers. Only items replaced were oil yearly, air filters and couple deck belts.

A lot of lawn care folks in my area use Exmark.

I would make the investment in a commercial grade and stay away from residential models.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm on my second Cub Cadet zero turn, first one I bought new in 2005, finally wore out the deck linkage tabs, still runs good, starting to use a little oil and mows a little unlevel, still usable. Bought another Cub last summer, no issues. Just from past experience with fescue and leaves, you can't beat a Walker. Here's one at auction, see if you can buy it cheap and have it serviced. Prob just old gas and gummed carb. It's not very far from me. I've been around several Walkers and they are legit, just more $$ than I need to spend on what I have to mow. I know it's 50", but a steal on a Walker is worth it regardless. They do make smaller decks as well, and they are interchangeable.

https://lippardauctions.hibid.com/catalog/376431/7-15-mark-klein-and-choate-auction/

Last edited:

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I were you, I’d look at a mid level cub cadet w a Kawasaki engine or if you want higher quality, higher price point, gravely with the same.
Just turned 300 hours on my rzt 50 I bought ten years ago or so. Still going strong.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had a 42" Exmark for 6 years that mows great and is fast. The only issues I've had is side mowing on a hill especially in wet conditions and the mower deck can be knocked out of alignment easier than l like but all else works great.......the Exmark factory builds the Toro ZT mowers..

My youngest daughter has a 60" Dixie Chopper ZT and that thing is a beast that is loud and is gas hog but will cut 12-16" grass and give a decent finish at 3-4 mph

if l was going to buy another zero turn l would look at a small Ferris with the suspension system to take the bumps and shocks out of mowing to keep my old back from screaming at me

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah that bagging deal. Sounds good at first but it’s just never works out. Mow often like your supposed to and you’ll never have a problem. Good for the grass too. For leaves just get a good backpack leaf blower and blow em into a corner and run over it a bunch w the mover. Even better is if you can burn em.

Cdubya

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
46in gate really narrows your choices. I 2nd the kawasaki power whatever you go with.
One thing to consider, if your property is flat, you can get away with a non suspension mower. If it's bumpy/ hilly check the models with suspension seats or suspension like a ferris. It will hurt up front but your back will thank you years down the road not to mention being able to mow faster if you need to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom