Zero Turns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just looking for feedback, man these things have gotten pricey. We are moving and I've got quite a bit more "yard" and a ton of trees. So I need a bagging solution too. Need the deck and whatever attachment to fit through a 46" opening. I've been to a few equipment dealers and there's lots of names out there I've never heard of.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We bought a Cub Cadet ZTR several years ago, and it's been a pretty good mower. It has a steering wheel instead of the steering levers, the big advantage is it steers through the front wheels so you can use it on sloped ground. The mower deck is the weak link, there are some reinforcement rings you can get for where the spindles attach, you can install them pro-actively and prevent them from pulling loose, or repair if it's already broke.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bad boy 52" Maverick is what I have.
Got 5 acres some trees, some pasture, some yard.
The machine is a beast, change blades and maintenance and it eats anything.
Welded/fabricated deck.
Bought down in Noble at the dealer.

Heard Spartan are good mowers also, to me, they look like a spaceship.

In the future, saving up for a Scag...

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been using a Gravely for over two years and I haven’t had any complaints. It’s easy to service, the deck seems substantial enough and it’s performed flawlessly.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only ZTR’s I have experience with are Bush Hog, Scag, and Hustler. The Bush Hog was a lemon, so my opinion of that brand is skewed. The Scag and one of the Hustlers were my Dad’s, and they have been problem free. I had never owned one myself until I acquired a Hustler Raptor with my place up there, and I think it’s a low end model but runs and mows great. I mow probably close to 4 acres with it. It‘s a 52” so does fit the dimension restrictions, but I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another Hustler mower.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pricey now? Wait a bit and they'll be even higher. Sad things are happening in our country now, prices are way up on everything. Buy when you get it figured out which one is best for you.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We bought a Cub Cadet ZTR several years ago, and it's been a pretty good mower. It has a steering wheel instead of the steering levers, the big advantage is it steers through the front wheels so you can use it on sloped ground. The mower deck is the weak link, there are some reinforcement rings you can get for where the spindles attach, you can install them pro-actively and prevent them from pulling loose, or repair if it's already broke.
I got one of these as well a couple years ago. It's been a fine mower. Don't know which engine you got with yours. Mine has a fuel injected engine. It uses half the gas that my older Toro ZT does. It also came with the upgraded welded steel mower deck instead of the flimsy stamped steel one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom