Zero Turns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Model is IS700Z, I paid $6500 in 2015, couldn't believe I was paying that much for a lawn mower, but it beats the lawn tractor style mower I had before.

Looks like yours has the real independent front suspension, I'm a little envious, but not enough to buy a new mower. 😁

Meh, I’m not gonna bad talk it, cause I paid more for it than I did my first 3 vehicles, combined, but the 2012 Dixon has a better cut. No question, the Ferris is nicer, and more comfortable to ride, but the old mower does a better job of cutting the grass. I’m not mowing a golf course or a yard in Nichols Hills. It’s an acreage out in the boons. It’s good enough.

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depending on where you are, I suggest checking with Beck's Equipment in Guthrie. They sell Spartan mowers, which I like, but they also had a clean late-model Hustler when I was there recently. Anyway, I've been dealing with them for years and always felt like I was treated right.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been kicking around a John Deere ZT. They seem to be pretty solid and consumer reports rates them very highly (some models in the 5 series).

I want a larger deck (60" at least) but they have several models @ $3500 or less with 42" decks.

I'm kinda partial to green plus I have a nice JD X350 I can get $2K for in trade. That's a motivation for me to stick with green and yellow.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up a used Grasshopper zero turn with Kubota diesel engine. 52” electric front deck and suspension seat. $3500
It’s a mowing beast, well built, easy to get to blades. It cut my mowing time in half!

A friend of mine's dad has a Grasshopper. He's 80. He still mows. We changed blades for him this Spring. It was a walk in the park, but the picky old bastard had us using a gauge to level both sides of the deck and then measuring the cut. That took over 2 hours. He also lives out in the boons, at the end of a dead section, surrounded by trees, and the only person that ever sees his yard is him.

Eric_Williams

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having mowed yards for a living for a few years i can tell you, you won't go wrong with Toro, Exmark, Hustler, or Scag. What is going to limit you is your gate opening. Personally, i won't buy residential grade mowers anymore only commercial. The commercials are faster, better motors, better decks, support is greater, and they last longer.

How many acres are you mowing, and your budget will depend on where i point you but here are a few options:

Zero-Turn
Hustler Raptor XL - Higer end residential and they have good construction

Stand on
Toro Grandstand in a 36" deck
Scag V-ride 36" deck
Exmark stairs 36"

Walk behind
Toro Proline 36" with a velke

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone own a Wright mower? Guy who mows my Mom and Aunt's yards has one similar to this link. 37 hp and a BEAST!!

https://www.wrightmfg.com/products/mowers/commercial/mid-mount/zxl/
Personally, I have a JD 355 with 48" deck. No issues but it doesn't cut as fast as neighbors Hustler or quite as good I think.

I think grasshopper would be one to look into with the deck on the front but no personal experience.

Latest posts

Top Bottom