Zeroing a 22lr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillPenn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our .22's have got a lot of use over thee last 6 months or so. We typically shoot every 2-3 week. So it's AR's and .22's, or 6.5 and .22's, or pistol and .22. With the price of ammo they get shot more than anything else.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With 22lr? Even if you move up every 25 yards for a total of 900 rounds shot; you’re looking at $63ish bucks if you spent .07 per round for 22lr. Or the equivalent of a box of high end 30cal hunting ammo, or 2-3 boxes of normal hunting ammo. A small price to pay for confidence I feel, esp for something as cheap as 22.

I like the scope so much I bought a second one. I feel like I’ve hoarded enough 22 to warrant going and shooting a healthy amount. Maybe I’ll get it out this weekend.

I've got 3 of the 6x fixed on .22s, and my optics are all PA with a acss reticle of some sort with the exception of 1 Burris which I'd gladly trade for a pa optic.. I guess Ima pa fanboy when it comes to optics..

bambihunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Ruger 10/22T hammer forged target model with factory Fajen stock. With inexpensive Wolf Match ammo, my best 10 shot 100 yard group was 1.17". But, when the bummer ammo shortage happened, the cost difference between a .22lr and some of my reloadable centerfires were not as big of a gap as before. So, I started shooting them a lot more since I enjoy them more. It was then that I realized that even though I have a lot of .22lr's, they were purchased with the predicated fact that the ammo has always been extremely inexpensive. If that situation ever looks to change permanently, I'll sell off most of them. I'd just keep my .22lr/.410's, my Ruger 10/22 stainless sporter, and probably one of my Smith & Wesson 422/622/2206/2213/2214 pistols.

Latest posts

Top Bottom