Zeroing a 22lr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an old friend that grew up bird hunting and thus had a lot of practice leading a target. He got into Elk hunting and took many friend with him over the years. He watched many of those friends let Elk get away simply because they weren’t comfortable taking a shot at a moving target. I’ve heard the same about old time deer hunters that never took a deer that wasn’t waking or running.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IIRC, if you zero in at 85yds(+/-), it will give you a pointblank setting(the 50yd(+) and the 100yd(-) will be approximately the same number).

22LR - 40 grain, 1200fps, BC .12

85yd zero:
30yd: +1.7”
50yd: +2.3”
75yd: +1.1”
85yd: .0”
100yd: -2.4”

Last edited:

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I enjoyed both links back when posted, with a fixed 6x PA acss reticle built around the .22 round all the kids and girls bang a row five 3" gongs with little effort, 5 gongs a dancing.. Once familiar with the reticle they're banging 10" plates @150 with a crosswind.. Using the wind holds of course..

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I enjoyed both links back when posted, with a fixed 6x PA acss reticle built around the .22 round all the kids and girls bang a row five 3" gongs with little effort, 5 gongs a dancing.. Once familiar with the reticle they're banging 10" plates @150 with a crosswind.. Using the wind holds of course..
Since zeroing mine, it still sits in the safe. Keep promising to correct that, but it never seems to happen.
I'll be on some prairie dogs this summer. Maybe need to leave all the other rimfires at home and focus on using this.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
200 yards would get expensive.
With 22lr? Even if you move up every 25 yards for a total of 900 rounds shot; you’re looking at $63ish bucks if you spent .07 per round for 22lr. Or the equivalent of a box of high end 30cal hunting ammo, or 2-3 boxes of normal hunting ammo. A small price to pay for confidence I feel, esp for something as cheap as 22.

Since zeroing mine, it still sits in the safe. Keep promising to correct that, but it never seems to happen.
I'll be on some prairie dogs this summer. Maybe need to leave all the other rimfires at home and focus on using this.

I like the scope so much I bought a second one. I feel like I’ve hoarded enough 22 to warrant going and shooting a healthy amount. Maybe I’ll get it out this weekend.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With 22lr? Even if you move up every 25 yards for a total of 900 rounds shot; you’re looking at $63ish bucks if you spent .07 per round for 22lr. Or the equivalent of a box of high end 30cal hunting ammo, or 2-3 boxes of normal hunting ammo. A small price to pay for confidence I feel, esp for something as cheap as 22.

I like the scope so much I bought a second one. I feel like I’ve hoarded enough 22 to warrant going and shooting a healthy amount. Maybe I’ll get it out this weekend.
looking forward to the range report. Mine zero'd easily but long range .22 rimfire shooting just hasn't been something to be concerned with while diller bopping in the yard.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

My mind went to my .308. My bad. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom