Zombie Apocalypse Is Here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrChris

Sniper
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least they aren't the parents that are yelling for 108% of the game at what their kid should do along with other kids. You know a normal kid only gets 3% of the touches in the time of the game on average. Also they are dedicated enough to sit in there and freeze their ass off after driving junior to the game, not to mention the average cost to have a kid play sports with paid coaches and trainers. Okay okay I will stop now.

They are not freezing their asses off. Its 75 degrees in there! Lol
As far as not being the parent that yells and what not, my kid loves hearing me hoot and holler. She stresses that to me all the time.
I just find it odd that there could be anything more important at that moment than watching your kid play

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately this is everywhere. I too have been guilty of getting on my phone more than I should. But I also try and be apart of my sons life. I don’t just sit on my phone 24/7. When I go to restaurants I see it there too. Everybody sitting at the table on their phones. It’s crazy. People are so addicted to them they can’t even drive down the road without being on it. I have seen numerous women driving around with their phones up to their ears even though they are in a car that has Bluetooth. It’s like they can’t put the phone down. It has to be in their hand. Truly sad.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Often technological advancements have moved us back a bit on the social advancement scale. I know there are many good parents that set a good example for their offspring, and have good family limits on screen usage, but it sure seems to be a nationwide issue that will probably have some serious consequences.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then there are the ones that constantly look at their phones while waiting for a traffic light to change. I really hate honking at people, but these people make it necessary.

A couple at a restaurant the other night: both on their phones and neither talking to the other.

One of my grandsons: now that he has a phone, he is tied to it and hardly ever interacts with us when we are over there.

James Abram

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have a saying in our family, “be here, be in this moment”. When you are engaged with your phone you are not engaged with what’s in front of you. When we go to a restaurant as a family we are the minority as we have NO phones out and actually have verbal communication. Since my kids were small we’ve had a house rule...no phones at the dinner table or in the movie room, and that is hard for some of our/their friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom