Zoning for home based FFL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dongbeiren

Marksman
Reaction score
Hey guys, I thought I should just start a thread on this.

I have been thinking about getting a home based FFL to try it out during this long and bitter unemployment. After calling the OKC Zoning department, I was told that OKC zoning forbid any stock/inventory to be stored in a residential location so basically that makes the home based FFL pretty much impossible or at least very very restricted.

I wonder if anyone else has explored this before and are there any alternatives other than getting a storefront because honestly I don't think I have the capital to do that. Any comments/advices are very much appreciated!

Dongbeiren

Marksman
Reaction score
well, it doesn't matter how they enfore that (I think). I need to get the zoning approval to include in my FFL application, on which it also required that I comply with local zoing ordinances. I'd like to avoid any future legal issues especially when it can affect my rights to own guns.

Last edited:

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Patrick (@reddog1)with Broken Arrow National Guns might have some insight on this. I know he use to keep inventory, but now just does transfers and orders direct for customers.

Dongbeiren

Marksman
Reaction score
I thought the new Federal requirement was a dwelling separate from a residential household? ie, a shop out back?
From what I have read, the ATF doesn't really care where you run your business as long as your business is approval by the local government. For Oklahoma, you register a business for $100 and you are good to go. And you have to comply with local zoning ordinances, plus a few more things. A shop out back at my house is still zoned as residential.

Dongbeiren

Marksman
Reaction score
Patrick (@reddog1)with Broken Arrow National Guns might have some insight on this. I know he use to keep inventory, but now just does transfers and orders direct for customers.
Thank you sir, I'll see if I can get in touch with him.
If he's in Broken Arrow, their zoning regulations may be different from OKC. Smaller towns and more remote areas tend to be more flexible in zoning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom