Zoning for home based FFL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Zoning codes are different from city to city and depends on how your property is zoned you have different codes for residential than you do a business and even thou a area is zoned commerical you can still have parts of it to have residental buildings in it depending on when it was zone but no new residental can be built in a commercial zone. And also it depends on the type of business your wanting to run out of your resident as to what codes there are.

CODE_3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like I might be laughing at my own joke. I've been thinking of doing the same thing and I called Yukon and I am waiting a call back from the Assist City Manager. The person I talked to on the phone seems the to think the answer is no. I did do a search for FFL in Yukon and there are several within the city limits that are home based business.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like I might be laughing at my own joke. I've been thinking of doing the same thing and I called Yukon and I am waiting a call back from the Assist City Manager. The person I talked to on the phone seems the to think the answer is no. I did do a search for FFL in Yukon and there are several within the city limits that are home based business.
And I think there are several in OKC city limits also, yet they say no when asked. Hmmmm.

This is why mine is based at my lake home and not Edmond

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And I think there are several in OKC city limits also, yet they say no when asked. Hmmmm.

This is why mine is based at my lake home and not Edmond

Could be the ones that are contradictory in their homes are grandfathered. I seem to remember something a long time ago about when Clinton was in office half of all FFL’s went out of business. If I recall right it was something to do with firearm businesses out of their homes.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To side skirt the zoning issue get an address for a PO box, or possibly rent an (empty) storage unit in a commercially zoned area.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Could be the ones that are contradictory in their homes are grandfathered. I seem to remember something a long time ago about when Clinton was in office half of all FFL’s went out of business. If I recall right it was something to do with firearm businesses out of their homes.
You could be absolutely right.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beware of neighbors... :lookaroun

Years ago, a friend of ours started a side-business (in the DFW area) doing minor fiberglass repair, and selling materials out of his home garage (back before you could get them at any parts store). It was strictly a residential area.

One of the neighbors reported him to the zoning board, and he was forced to "cease and desist" until they were able to move.

It's usually best (legally) to have all yer ducks in a row.
:drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom