Zoning for home based FFL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not about the amount of inventory really. It's about the foot traffic and parking that gets the neighbors to bitchin'.
Doubtful you will generate enough biz to be worth it stocking an inventory. Most people just do send and receive.
There are ways around it by renting a low cost hole in the wall office. I've run into many doing that. FBT I think it was. Was in a closet across from the Police station in Bixby when they started.

Dongbeiren

Marksman
Reaction score
Amen brother. Would be a terrible time to get into this business for a newbie.
Called Zoning again and was directed to the 2020 OKC municipal code:

under Article XII - Site Development Standards
Chapter 59 - Zoning and Planning Code
§ 59-12200.3, section C - Home Occupations
(6) No business shall be conducted upon the premises where chattel, goods, wares or merchandise are created, stored, exchanged or sold, such as a shop or store.

This really limits ANY home based business in the city of OKC, not just firearms. According to the clerk, if you have a strong case, you could apply for a variance, but it costs $1200 and takes about 45 days and is not guaranteed. Seems like a storefront is a must for OKC.

Last edited:

CODE_3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Called Zoning again and was directed to the 2020 OKC municipal code:

under Article XII - Site Development Standards
Chapter 59 - Zoning and Planning Code
§ 59-12200.3, section C - Home Occupations
(6) No business shall be conducted upon the premises where chattel, goods, wares or merchandise are created, stored, exchanged or sold, such as a shop or store.

This really limits ANY home based business in the city of OKC, not just firearms. According to the clerk, if you have a strong case, you could apply for a variance, but it costs $1200 and takes about 45 days and is not guaranteed. Seems like a storefront is a must for OKC.

That's insane! I never heard back from the city of Yukon on my question.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Brandon Benson with Machine Guns Plus operates out of his home within OKC city limits. He’s not just a FFL, but a Class 3 FFL.

Did he move? I thought he lived in Piedmont? At least that's where I went to pick up my suppressor several years ago. Plus, it helps that he's a police officer (unless he retired).

I have mine . . . living in Logan County does have some benefits.

Latest posts

Top Bottom