ZTR Recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If this helps, I've had two riding mowers in the last 19 years (knock on wood) Both have had the Kawasaki engine on em. Sold the first one to get more horsepower on the second, not because of engine problems. The first was 17hp and this one is 24hp. I have kept up with 2 acres over the years with a few baseball fields thrown in. Kawasaki has their stuff together . Whichever engine you decide on keep your blades sharp don't procrastinate in doing your periodic maintenance and store it in your garage/shop. It bugs the heck outta me to see a mower parked in the weather year round.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sell out and move someplace where there is little yardwork. In another twenty years you won't want to mow 2-3 acres-admit it, you don't enjoy mowing that much anyway!

Nifrost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Ferris 54" with Kawasaki motor that I wouldn't trade for. When my dad was in the market, we found a deal on a smaller Ferris (48") also with the Kawasaki and he's pleased as punch with it. Both have the independent suspensions; mine has the mulching kit while his does not. They both have plenty of power and have not failed to do anything we've asked of them. Seats are adjustable, and I believe the suspension settings are as well, but I'm not positive on that. I use both regularly and although they are the only ZTRs I have experience with, I'll go back with a Ferris if I have to replace either one. As stated above, I recommend the Kawasaki engines over the competitors as well.

freewookie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sell out and move someplace where there is little yardwork. In another twenty years you won't want to mow 2-3 acres-admit it, you don't enjoy mowing that much anyway!

Ha my wife and kids will be doing the mowing. In 20 years I may end up buying a building in downtown Guthrie and not having any yard. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freewookie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I bought a Ferris 52” IS700Z with the Briggs. He said they get neither Kawasaki or Briggs back anymore than the other for repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a Kawasaki on my Toro and it sucked. It died at about 300 hours. It was the supposedly good FX series. I replaced it with a Briggs for about half the money. If the Briggs lasts 300, I’ll be happy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom