In search of purse carry gun for daughter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally like carrying my kahr, which I bought for my daughter, who isn't 21 yet. Easy to dress around due to the size, and triggers are similar.

I don't see an issue with off body carry, especially for a young lady. First, a purse will always be a target regardless of what's in it, so you should be aware and train accordingly. So crossbody straps should always be used. I use a Maxpedition jumbo versa for my kids' diaper bag, and keep a P07 in it, and whatever flavor of the day on my body in case I am separated from the bag, but sometimes my only sidearm is what's in the bag. The bag is always buckled into the cart or stroller, and then the carts buckles go through it as well. There is also an apple air tag in the bag, so if I am ever more than a few feet away from it, my watch or phone notify me, so leaving it behind is less of a concern. But how many guns have been left in a bathroom that weren't in a purse? Just as many if not more I'd imagine. . She carries one of those Lululemon crossbodies, and it fits nice in there as does a j-frame, which I have a few of as well. So that alleviates that issue of it being snatched. She can unzip the pouch before getting out of the car, and clip her keys or something to the zipper to make it easier to grab and rip open if she needs to. Some of ya'll dont have young daughters and it shows. Mines a fitness instructor and dancer, and sometimes is just in leggings/bike shorts and a crop top or sports bra, but her little crossbody goes everywhere and doesnt leave her body when she has it. Wears it driving, walking through the store, everywhere. Again, its just like anything else. Know the limitations, disadvantages, advantages, decide whats best for HER, and train around it. It's just like picking a gun for someone. Just don't. Give them options, let them decide.

ETA, Jamie Meyer or Janeen Wyatt for instructors. Both are with the Well-Armed Woman, and highly thought of. Jamie is part of the training cadre at OKC Gun Club and you do not have to be a member to participate in training or comps. She runs a womens pistol league out there as well.

Last edited:

Glenee

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reliability, Reliability, Reliability, Some times we lose sight of the most important thing. What ever She chooses it has to go Bang when she needs it too.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter settled on a Kahr in 9mm. She liked it best and shot it well. The other one you might look at is the Hellcat. 15 rounds of 9mm in a very nice size, only slightly bigger than the Kahr. I also agree she should carry it on the person if possible. Nothing worse than fighting over your purse with a purse snatcher knowing your pistol is inside where you can't quite reach it.
Well I hope she didn't listen to her father because he knows nothing, and he still hasn't called a certain someone for lunch.
Glad she found the right fit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom