It's all over but the crying...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After all this talk about restricting gun rights…
IMG_2614.jpeg

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You would think after all the defeats the ATF has had in recent years and scolding by the Supreme Court on the over reach they have attempted more than once. What does the ATF do? Try something even more dictatorship than the last attempt at mass gun grabbing and attack on the 2A. We have our Scotus Strong! This is why the left wing psychos continue to attack the Republican Judges and even attempted murder on them.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, if I sell grandpa’s old, busted up, single shot 12 ga to someone other than a dealer, I can go to prison for years?

But if I sell his old axe, wood chipper or truck, I don’t go to prison?

They’re all pieces of inanimate metal and can possibly maim or kill someone. Why do we “allow” such imposing regulations and restrictions on something that is a Right imparted by our Creator and so important as to be enumerated in part of the US Constitution via the Bill of Rights?
You appear to expect the AFT to make sense. The only way it makes sense is if they are planning to shred the Constitution. Which they've been doing since I was a pre-teen. And I'll be 69 this weekend.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No they don’t go away. This is the paragraph that is at question. But you need to read the whole thing to understand how ATF views it.

View attachment 479033

This is important. Those of us that occasionally sell fit this.

I think they are going after those guys that buy and sell on the side with no interest in the gun itself. We all know about those types of guys. Harmless, but the ATF hates them.

The downside is the line is quite blurred and collectors are going to get jammed up because of the vague definition and overzealous agents.

This rule doesn't ban private sales at all. It just muddies the water even more and make it more likely you will get a winning ticket in the ATF prosecution lottery.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t sell. Give them away. And if your gift recipient accidentally drops an envelope in your yard with paper in it of dead presidents printed on it you’re not required to hunt them down to return the envelop. Just sayn.
Sort of like a buy a scope get a free gun deal . . . I like it.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You appear to expect the AFT to make sense. The only way it makes sense is if they are planning to shred the Constitution. Which they've been doing since I was a pre-teen. And I'll be 69 this weekend.

More like pointing out the blatant idiocy. That it’s not about gun CONtrol, but CONTROL.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is important. Those of us that occasionally sell fit this.

I think they are going after those guys that buy and sell on the side with no interest in the gun itself. We all know about those types of guys. Harmless, but the ATF hates them.

The downside is the line is quite blurred and collectors are going to get jammed up because of the vague definition and overzealous agents.

This rule doesn't ban private sales at all. It just muddies the water even more and make it more likely you will get a winning ticket in the ATF prosecution lottery.
That’s why it’s important to read this all for yourself. It’s interesting to read about the citizens concerns during the public comments and ATF’s response.

Latest posts

Top Bottom