Looking like I might have a bumper crop of berries this year.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our mulberry tree is sagging with all the fruit, but it's just in the red stage, yet to ripen this far north of most of ya.
I have several on my place that I checked last week, and they probably won’t be ripe until around the first of June.

The mulberries on my place here in east TX are just about done for this year. I picked and ate a few today.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have several on my place that I checked last week, and they probably won’t be ripe until around the first of June.

The mulberries on my place here in east TX are just about done for this year. I picked and ate a few today.
Fortunately, our tree is 2/10 mile away and 129' below the ridge on our driveway so we don't get the purple streaks on the vehicles.
During the big flood several years ago when we were stranded for almost 2 weeks to high water, I caught fish under that mulberry tree. As they were dropping the fish were waiting. I'll see if I can find that pic.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fortunately, our tree is 2/10 mile away and 129' below the ridge on our driveway so we don't get the purple streaks on the vehicles.
During the big flood several years ago when we were stranded for almost 2 weeks to high water, I caught fish under that mulberry tree. As they were dropping the fish were waiting. I'll see if I can find that pic.
Mine are all within 50 yards or less from the Salt Fork.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My raspberries are not looking so good. Blackberries are looking great. Grapes are happy-ish. Blueberries doing good. Already got first-lot of cherries. Most all of our fruit trees are looking good for production. Most of our plants are very young except the blackberries, they have been growing for decades before we moved here.

Do you mind me asking what cherry trees you have out? I FINALLY just bit the bullet and ordered some apple trees and strawberry plants for the backyard but Im having a hell of time deciding what variety of cherry to try. Thanks!

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Blueberries
IMG_20240518_202646770_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240518_202700544.jpg
IMG_20240518_202710673.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member