More knives from the past

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dug out a few more from the knife collection (that were laying in an old ammo crate in the garage ) after i posted up the pics of the hollow handle survival knives

This is a mixed bag ----- with a MK 2 that it looks like a dog got ahold of at some point, -- a Gerber boot knife that got deployed too but it usually stayed in my bunk in the GP medium because even at 19, i didnt see it as a practical piece of cutlery -- and a maybe 20 y/o Buck Special that has not really been used for anything at all , but has been forgotten for well over a decade -- i think the brass and rosewood accents on it actually turned me off from carrying it afield - i musta' thought it looked too nice

2f7G7on.jpg

I had 2 MK-2's - this one and one with a green sheath and a green cord wrapped handle - as mentioned in my previous thread - i carried my civilian Explorer knife upside down on the LBE in lieu of the issue knives - but being a signed for piece of kit, occasionally we would need to account for these things

bc47XvHl.jpg

2VsmUOel.jpg

I had these professionally sharpened at one point and the guy told me the old Gerber Sword and stone logo was something cool - but i dunno -- knife does have some real "patina" and wear though

n7o6q6Gl.jpg

And the Buck 119 -- just an old hunting knife that never got used for that purpose, but i like the way it looks

DHFSCEHl.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom