Red Dot Sights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve messed with red dots for quite a while, and my favorite has been the Aimpoint Micro H1. I’ve also used a Doctor Optic reflex sight a lot too. I found a guy last week selling a Trijicon RMR and a Holosun 509t, and he gave me a pretty good deal for buying them both. I knew the Trijicon was a quality sight, but dang, that 509t may end up being my new favorite.

I haven’t decided which will end up on which, but one will be going on a turkey shotgun and the other on an Encore 308 pistol.

What’s y’alls favorite red dot sight? :anyone:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm pretty sold on any dot that is a shake to awake and remembers the last setting.
Have some that are not that came around a few years ago that I used in competition where my current requirements don't apply.
Older eyes make dots and scopes a requirement.
Our local gun range is having a lever gun match which is run what you bring as long as it's iron sights.
My macular and eye deterioration with age, puts one at a disadvantage so I won't attend unless they open another classification that dots and scopes are allowed.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve messed with red dots for quite a while, and my favorite has been the Aimpoint Micro H1. I’ve also used a Doctor Optic reflex sight a lot too. I found a guy last week selling a Trijicon RMR and a Holosun 509t, and he gave me a pretty good deal for buying them both. I knew the Trijicon was a quality sight, but dang, that 509t may end up being my new favorite.

I haven’t decided which will end up on which, but one will be going on a turkey shotgun and the other on an Encore 308 pistol.

What’s y’alls favorite red dot sight? :anyone:
I’ve a Holosun 508 that rides my Benelli M4. Handled the last 800 rnds of high brass just fine. No issues. Not sure of your 509, but it probably has the same options as the 508 with reticles. Of dot, circle or both at the same time. The circle ⭕️ is fantastic on a shotty.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve a Holosun 508 that rides my Benelli M4. Handled the last 800 rnds of high brass just fine. No issues. Not sure of your 509, but it probably has the same options as the 508 with reticles. Of dot, circle or both at the same time. The circle ⭕️ is fantastic on a shotty.
I’m pretty sure the only difference in the 508 and 509 is that 509 has a closed emitter. It’s sitting on the rib of my Fabarm over/under turkey shotgun right now.
I’m new to Holosun optics, but from what I’ve read online, you get a lot of bang for your buck.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holosun scs mos sitting on a g17 gen5. Solar, shake awake, slide serration match, factory sight cowitness, and auto brightness. What more could you ask for? Pistol shooting has never been my strong point, but with the holosun it makes it almost fool proof that you'll hit whatever you're aiming at.

Eta: thanks again to @carready for best deals on dots!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm pretty sold on any dot that is a shake to awake and remembers the last setting.
Have some that are not that came around a few years ago that I used in competition where my current requirements don't apply.
Older eyes make dots and scopes a requirement.
Our local gun range is having a lever gun match which is run what you bring as long as it's iron sights.
My macular and eye deterioration with age, puts one at a disadvantage so I won't attend unless they open another classification that dots and scopes are allowed.
Appealed to the Match Director for the lever gun match. Got a reply this evening they will open an optic division, so the red dots and I will be attending.

Latest posts

Top Bottom