the hand in pocket draw can beat "the drop"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okeydoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
which means a man holding a gun on you can be shot before he can shoot you. You can learn, with airsoft and a timer, to react to the beep, draw and hit a man's chest at 10 ft in .70 second, while sidestepping. .20+ second of that is your reaction time, and if you are starting the fight, that .20 second comes off of your .70 second.

It takes him at least .20 second to react and fire, .20 second or longer to decide what to do, and .20 second or more to traverse his hand and gun over to your new position. Naturally, you dont try this unless you think he's going to shoot you anyway, altho your wearing of soft armor is another big advantage for you. You can prove this with airsoft.

okeydoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to regularly show .19 second, on Bob Arganbright's digital fast draw timer, in 1978. He sold me his old sweep hand krondek timer, about $300 in today's money. It would record times about.03 faster than showed on the digital. I could post .16 reactions on it, any time you wanted to see them, if given 3-5 seconds of delay after I said "set". Such "keyed-in" reaction times are commonplace in Western Fast draw. you just have to learn to focus on the start sound/sight.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to regularly show .19 second, on Bob Arganbright's digital fast draw timer, in 1978. He sold me his old sweep hand krondek timer, about $300 in today's money. It would record times about.03 faster than showed on the digital. I could post .16 reactions on it, any time you wanted to see them, if given 3-5 seconds of delay after I said "set". Such "keyed-in" reaction times are commonplace in Western Fast draw. you just have to learn to focus on the start sound/sight.

You know we're really more interested in what price you charge for tea in China. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom